Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

With Smart Tasks in Sage ACT! 2011, timing is everything

by NapkinMike on ‎08-24-2010 09:33 AM (2,137 Views)

Bad timing can be bad mojo for sales. If I don’t communicate with prospects at the right time, they won’t see the need for my products and services. If I fail to follow-up at the right time, I might lose a satisfied customer. Luckily, I have Smart Tasks in Sage ACT! 2011 to help me stay on track.

To create a Smart Task, I define who will be affected (Contacts or Opportunities), what task will be performed, and when the task will be triggered to run. There are multiple ways to time the triggers. A Smart Task can be triggered based on a condition being met, or at a scheduled time. Different steps within your workflow can take advantage of both of these methods. That’s a lot of flexibility!

Schedule the time

Schedule a Smart Task to complete the steps in the workflow on a certain day of the week or time of day. You can even direct a Smart Task to wait a number of days, weeks, or months before performing the next step in your process. Here’s an example from my business: I scheduled a Smart Task to run every Wednesday that gathers up new web leads (prospects that have filled out a form and given us permission to email them) and add them to our online newsletter campaign in Sage ACT! E-marketing.

Or set your conditions

You can also have a Smart Task move on to the next step as soon as the previous step is complete. For example, every time one of our technicians makes a service call, a Smart Task waits three days and then schedules a follow-up phone call on my calendar. That way, I can make sure that the customer is satisfied with the service received.

If needed, I can create multiple steps in a Smart Task and use both calendar-based and condition-based triggers. With so much flexibility in the timing of Smart Tasks, I can adapt the ten pre-formatted Smart Tasks to perform many of our existing workflows. Every part of the sales cycle I automate lets our sales team spend more time working with customers to bring in additional revenue.

Labels