Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

What's Next for Sage E-marketing?

by pbuckley on ‎03-02-2011 09:09 AM - last edited on ‎03-02-2011 09:21 AM by (869 Views)

It's been a busy winter for Sage E-marketing - not at all a relaxing, rejvenating hibernation. Sage E-marketing for ACT! launched in France and German with local language translations; Sage E-marketing for SageCRM is coming out soon, and a fully-SaaS version of Sage E-marketing is now in market.  Whew!

So what's next for Sage E-marketing? That's what I wanted to ask you! There's some planned feature enhancements to the service itself, and lots ideas on the drawing board.  I'd like to hear from our customers what enhancements would be most valuable. Below is a short list of categories - but don't limit your feedback there. if you have another burning desire, please shout it out! Feel free to shoot me an email or post a reply if you want others to see it.

This is your chance to guide future service enhancements - please take the opportunity!

• Social media publishing
  • Direct mail integration
  • Lead gathering
  • Editing tools
  • Follow-up processes

Thanks in advance,
Paul

Comments
by FinancialPlanner_in_San_Antonio
on ‎03-14-2011 11:32 PM

Hi Paul,

I have to admit I've been using ACT since 2001 and only now did I find out that there was this "community" where I can find answers/solutions to problems I've encountered and to share ideas. I think this is great and I plan on making much more use of this Community.

Here is my recommendation and I sincerely hope you and the folks at ACT strongly consider it:  

I would highly recommend you seriously look into Constant Contact as an "additional" option in your “Sage E-marketing for ACT!” e-mail marketing service. Please know that I am making this recommendation based on two main reasons:

1)      I see much more e-mail campaigns come to me via e-mail that use Constant Contact as their e-mail marketing provider as opposed to those using Swiftpage. In addition, those e-mails I receive are much more vibrant, interactive, and user friendly. Constant Contact’s e-mails are very professional looking and come across as more creative.

2)      At two recent conferences I attended, the majority of my colleagues indicated they were using Constant Contact as their e-mail campaign provider. They also indicated they were very pleased with the ease of use, the number of templates available, and the high response rate they were receiving as result of their use with Constant Contact. Unfortunately, none of the colleagues I spoke with were using Swiftpage or “Sage E-marketing for ACT!”

Having used Constant Contact in the past and cancelling their service so that my organization could utilize the “Sage E-marketing for ACT!” feature, there are a few reasons that I am somewhat unhappy with the “Sage E-marketing for ACT!” (by Swiftpage):

1)      The number of e-mail templates available for selection is very limited and are not “eye-catching”; with Constant Contact you have a much wider selection of templates and much more flexibility in making changes to the layout, images, text, etc. etc. etc. We don’t have the ability to get creative and develop very customized e-mail newsletters, invitations, and other e-mail campaigns.

2)      Since implementing “Sage E-marketing for ACT!” we have not been able to really get it to work fully and as such we are missing out on many opportunities.

***NOTE: perhaps we are not using the service properly, but even still it has proven to be a task that should be very easy to use.

My recommendation:

1) Bring Constant Contact onboard as an addtional option so that users have a choice as to whether they want to use either Swiftpage or Constant Contact as their e-mail marketing service within ACT.

In my case, I had been using Constant Contact and was very familiar with their product and loved its capabilities. I ended up canceling my service so I could utilize the newly created “Sage E-marketing for ACT!” It was a relief to know that I wouldn't have to do the whole "import" process of getting contacts, e-mail addresses, salutations, etc. into a cvs. file into Constant Contact in order to get our e-mail marketing campaign created. I will admit that was a HUGE pain-in-the-rear and that was why I was excited to learn that that whole process would be eliminated when you all created "Sage E-marketing for ACT!"   

I appreciate this opportunity to voice my opinion and it is my sincere hope that you consider the recommendation I have listed above. 

If you have any questions or wish to contact me I can be reached at (210) 223-8700 or via e-mail at padillawmg@hotmail.com. Thank you in advance for your consideration in this request.

Sincerely,

D.R. Padilla

Financial Planner

by pbuckley
on ‎03-16-2011 04:09 PM

Hi D.R.,

I really appreciate the time and care you put into your feedback. I'm glad to see you associated value with the integration, and I also appreciate your feedback regarding the richness of the content experience. We do hope to make Sage E-marketing a strong solution in both areas, not just the one, and we do have efforts in place designed to do so.

These are exactly the type of comments I'm looking for.  Keep them coming!

Thanks,

Paul

Labels