Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the first post of the new ACT! Leadership Blog!

by Employee on ‎01-19-2009 12:08 PM (6,844 Views)

Welcome to the first post of the new ACT! Leadership Blog! 

As I was thinking about what to share, I thought about how much I’ve been able to learn in the short amount of time that I’ve been associated with this product.  Through the many meetings, phone calls, and conversations I’ve had regarding ACT!, one thing really stands out:  the amazing sense of community that I feel with this amazing product. 

Every individual I’ve encountered feels quite passionate about ACT!, whether they are a Sage employee, someone who uses ACT! on a daily basis, or an ACT! certified consultant.  And everyone has shared with me very helpful background information, tips and tricks about what works best for our customers, or, in some cases, an anecdote or two about an area where we could stand to do better.  It’s really been fantastic to become a part of such a vibrant, active team.

It actually seems very apropos that I write about community on the ACT! online community site.  After all, it’s my understanding the original intent of this forum was to create a collaborative environment for all those who are affiliated with ACT!   I am looking forward to bringing forth additional ways for everyone to participate, collaborate, and extend their ACT! solution, both on this forum and within the application itself.

On the topic of community, as you have probably noticed, this is an ACT! Leadership Blog.  There will be posts from a variety of team members here at Sage that will address an array of topics including product direction, sales strategy, and customer support options.  This is a living, breathing forum and to be successful, we need feedback as to what you’d like to learn about.  Please share it with us, either by directly posting on the community itself, or sharing topics of interest with the leadership team via email.

Thank you for being dedicated to ACT!, and here’s to great things to come.

Regards,

-Sam

Comments
by
on ‎01-19-2009 03:50 PM

Indeed... it's one of the defining aspects of the product that differentiates it from any other.

BTW: Will they be re-adding the RSS feed from this Blog?

Regards,

Mike Lazarus

by
on ‎01-19-2009 03:53 PM

Actually, I think I found the feed at http://community.act.com/sage/rss/boardmessages?board.id=leadership

Thanks

by ksmith
on ‎01-19-2009 04:31 PM

Sam,

Thanks for joining us! I am glad you have already discovered the strong ACT! community. ACT! Certified Consultants and ACT! users alike are passionate about the product, and never shy to provide feedback.

I am looking forward to hearing more from you in the coming months.

Kristi

by agough@telus.net
on ‎01-21-2009 06:32 PM

I am lookign for someone to pay to help find a copy of import1.exe for act 1.x (dos versionb with .mcs .lcs files) I need import1.exe to convert these .mcs files so that I can then import into act 2 and then from there convert to .dbf files (I really need my notes file .mcs)

Help is appreciated

cheers

alan gough

by kjosephs
on ‎01-21-2009 10:39 PM

Alan,

I see you posted your request for assistance with the import1.exe on the ACT! forum as well.  That is the best forum to reach out the community to seek help with this challenge.  I will send you a private message with a potential contact that might be able to help.

Best of luck on this one!

Kim 

by CallOnCRM
on ‎01-22-2009 08:42 PM
Welcome Sam!
by
on ‎01-24-2009 04:52 AM

Kim,

I sent a copy of Import1.exe to Alan.

Regards,

Mike

by kjosephs