Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome Sage ACT! 2011 #SageACT

by larryr on ‎09-01-2010 08:57 AM - last edited on ‎07-28-2011 11:00 AM by (2,175 Views)

Today, we officially released Sage ACT! 2011 in North America.  Since joining Sage, one of the highlights of my year is introducing new versions of Sage ACT!.  Each year, I have had the opportunity to conduct media meetings and typically start each with “This is the best release ever”.  Having completed the media briefings in early August , I stayed true to form by introducing each journalist to Sage ACT! 2011 as “This is the best release ever”. Here are some highlights:

Smart Tasks – Sometimes referred to as workflow, Smart Task save Sage ACT! users time and effort by automating frequently performed tasks.  This can include following a specific set of actions each time a new contact is added to the database, sending a greeting in time for a client’s birthday, generating an email alert when an opportunity has not closed by a forecasted date, etc.  Smart Tasks are a great way to get more done with Sage ACT! and they are easy to set up – we’ve included a simple and graphical UI for users to edit the samples we provide or create new Smart Tasks.  There also is a programmatic interface (API) for Smart Tasks that enable you or a  Sage ACT! Certified Consultant to further integrate Sage ACT! with your business processes.

Sage Business Info Services for ACT! – Building on our Connected Services strategy and thanks to a new relationship with Hoover’sTM, Sage ACT! 2011 supports this new connected service.  All Sage ACT! 2011 users have complementary access to basic company, industry, and financial information from Hoover’s. For a nominal monthly fee, Sage ACT! 2011 users can use Sage Business Info Services for ACT! to help them in 2 common use areas.   The first is finding out more about companies and contacts you already work with.  For example, say I was in your database and you wanted to know more about me.  You would find my title and profile.  Next you could learn more about Sage – even determine other people and titles in Sage that you want to know – and even import their details immediately into Sage ACT!.   The second common use area is searching for new prospects.  You can search the Hoover’s database by city, state, zip code, state, industry, size, SIC code, # of employees, job titles, etc.  Select just the companies and contacts you want and import their details into Sage ACT! 2011. As demonstrated in the “What’s New in Sage ACT! 2011” Napkin Mike video, you can literally search for “widget makers in Wichita!”

Microsoft® Outlook® Contact and Calendar Synchronization – Many Sage ACT! customers use both Outlook and Sage ACT!.  Contacts and Calendar appointments can be created in either application.  Now, independent of where a contact or calendar item originates, the other is updated.

There are more business benefits than I can write about here.  To learn more:

New customers

Existing Sage ACT! customers

Read the Sage ACT! 2011 press release

Take a test drive or sign up for a 30-day trial

Watch the Sage ACT! 2011 hand-off Video:

In addition, I invite you to explore the links to the rightunder "Sage ACT! 2011 Activities" where you can hear our Product Managers talk about the benefits of this release, watch a slideshow, or attend a webcast.

I hope you enjoy Sage ACT! 2011.  It’s a welcome next step in the Sage ACT! line and continues the legacy of tremendous value for the price.

Regards, Larry

Labels