Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Using Web Info in ACT! 2010 to Manage Customer Files

by ‎03-15-2010 08:41 AM - edited ‎03-15-2010 08:43 AM (1,313 Views)

I was a presenter on a recent webinar about personalizing ACT! 2010 and I issued a challenge to the webinar participants to give me something they’d like to see in the new Web Info tab in ACT! 2010.  One of those requests was the following:

“Can I have the Web Info link go to the Companies folder I store on my network when I look at a contact so I can see what files I have stored for that customer?” 

This was an interesting question because it highlights a common implementation where many users of ACT!  keep their customers files in some sort of ordered fashion on a file server, and it shows how this feature (Web Info tab) can be used to address a similar request. 

You CAN setup a link to browse to a Company’s folder in the Web Info feature – I suggest checking out the posting at:

http://community.act.com/sage/board/message?board.id=ADN_Downloads&thread.id=324

This presents a pretty cool interface inside of ACT! – you can drag and drop files, send docs as e-mails or compress files – all of the normal folder management things you get in Windows for that customers folder right inside of ACT!.  

Message Edited by alduet on 03-15-2010 08:43 AM

Labels