Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Top 10 Reasons the New Look in ACT! 2010 (#act2010) Will Save You Time - #9 Quick Access to Search

by ebassett on ‎08-03-2009 08:30 PM (8,445 Views)

I am sure most of you have experienced the frustration of wasting time trying to locate important information when you need it.  Me too.  Our beta participants gave the new Search Feature in ACT! 2010 a thumbs up and loved the instant access to search from any view or screen.  I don't think you'll miss going through the lookup dialog, and I am confident you'll appreciate having the information you need at your fingertips.

Search Feature Image

Stay tuned as we continue our countdown on the Top 10 Reasons the New Look in ACT! 2010 Will Save You Time!

Just in case you just joined the countdown, here's an update:

#9 - Quick Access to Search

#10 - Big "Easy" Buttons

Click here to learn more about ACT! 2010

Beta User Quote

Comments
by
on ‎08-03-2009 10:28 PM

This is a nice feature that's been in the Web version for a while.

But, I didn't like having to keep the Nav bar open (taking up screen real-estate) to use the search.... till:

One really nice item I found by accident, if the Nav bar is minimised, you can click on the area above the icons and it will just expand the Search and Related Tasks area for a single use.

Not obvious, but very useful

Only issue with it is that, while you can  grab the bottom-right and set the size, it's not sticky ... ie it stays at that size till you close and re-open ACT!, then it reverts to the default

The default size isn't wide enough  and you have to maximize it to change the field.

Regards,

Mike Lazarus

ACT! Evangelist

by kjosephs
on ‎08-04-2009 01:26 PM

Mike,  I just heard from another user that they also were not aware of the ability to expand and minimize the nav bar.  Thanks for sharing that information with other users. 

I'll have support check on the resize not being sticky.

by Nickel Contributor Trevor Lever
on ‎08-04-2009 01:34 PM

It would be useful to be able to customise the new Nav Bar by being able to add / delete items from it. This would help in tailoring a system to a specific user.

Also, the ability to drop custom commands onto the toolbar seems to have gone with the introduction of the larger buttons. 

On the upside having the default of "contains" rather than "start with" for the Nav Bar is very handy. 

by ebassett
on ‎08-04-2009 02:08 PM
Thank you for your feedback.  I will pass this on to the product management team.
by
on ‎08-04-2009 03:39 PM

Also, please add that the left-hand Nav bar icons should have Tool-tips when minimised.

With the green washed out colour scheme and the fact that they are much smaller than in the previous versions, it's less easy to tell them apart at a quick glance.

by ebassett
on ‎08-04-2009 08:35 PM
I will be sure to pass that information along as well.  Thank you.
Labels