Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

The Forward to a Friend Strategy – How Simple it is - Guest Blog by Annie Cooley

by on ‎06-14-2010 11:56 AM (2,111 Views)

The Forward to a Friend Strategy – How Simple it is

by Annie Cooley

It’s the simplicity, stupid! Hugh MacLeod, a cartoonist who blogs over at gapingvoid.com wrote a guest blog for Copyblogger on simplicity.

The most effective and efficient mode of communication that has moved his business forward has been – “My newsletter subscribers telling their friends about my newsletter, and suggesting that they sign up

He goes on to pose two simple questions:

1.    Is your list telling their friends about you? I mean, really telling them?
2.    Have you made it as easy and friction-free as humanly possible for your list to tell their friends?

Here is how he put these questions into action… 

He created a simple link on the bottom of the newsletter.

Hello from Hugh: Please share this link with your friends.

If their friends get the link and click on it, the page has a personal message from him.

Hello!

One of your friends sent you the link to this page, and so here you are. Welcome!

My name is Hugh. I’m a cartoonist. I have a newsletter, “Hugh’s Daily Cartoon,” which I send out five mornings a week. A wee chuckle in your inbox, to start your day off on the right foot (so to speak). I hope you will subscribe.

Simple as that!

Read more of his article at Copyblogger.

Learn more list building techniques from Swiftpage Email Marketing Blog.

Comments
by Bronze Super Contributor mscott821
on ‎06-15-2010 05:45 AM
Perfect!
Labels