Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Stop, Look and Listen is more relevant today than ever before in the world of Sales - Guest Blog by Linc Miller

by ebassett on ‎09-24-2009 01:53 PM - last edited on ‎03-18-2010 11:43 AM by (2,576 Views)

This was recently posted on our SalesLogix Community, and I wanted to share it with the ACT! Community as the information is relevant for ACT! users too.  Enjoy this article from our guest blogger, Linc Miller from Sandler Training, as he shares his thoughts on sales and managing prospects today. 

Stop, Look and Listen is more relevant today than ever before in the world of Sales

by Linc Miller, Sandler Training

I have witnessed traditional salespeople the world over running off at the mouth and not listening to what the prospect is saying.  These same salespeople spend inordinate amounts of time trying to push their prospects down the path of "let me convince you why you should buy from me," without fully understanding what real issues are being faced by the prospective customer.  As customers and customer environments evolve, becoming more demading, the days of "one demo/presentation fits all" have slipped by the wayside.

What does all this mean?  When a potential customer asks about your product or service, instead of shooting from the hip with a canned rebuttal, slow down and ask the potential customer why they are asking that specific question.  What is gained by this behavior of answering a question with a question will shock and/or detail to the sales professional just how to allow the prospect to buy.  As one of my best clients said after a year of training, "Salespeople tend to get in the way of where Prospects want to go...so get out of the way and let them close themselves."

Message Edited by tmergel on 03-18-2010 11:43 AM

Labels