Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Social Sharing Your Email Marketing Campaign - Guest Blog by Annie Cooley

by on ‎04-23-2010 09:51 AM (1,912 Views)

Social Sharing Your Email Marketing Campaign

by Annie Cooley

Social sharing opens doors to more and more prospects for your company. Email marketing’s sharing capacity has greatly increased due to this. Here are a few things to keep in mind while you start linking your email campaigns through social networking.

Know where your audience is –
Take some time to figure out which social networks your target market resides. This way you know exactly where to link to your email when the time comes. In other words, don’t link to Facebook if the majority of your audience resides on LinkedIn (or vice versa).  You could also put a short survey together to ask your customer base how they use social media.

Dig further into your customer base –
Learn what motivates your customer base. Figure out what makes them different from each other. Address these characteristics in your email content. Create compelling and targeted messages that will be easily shared via social media.

Simplicity always wins –
If your message carries a simple and understandable message chances are it will get read and shared at a higher rate. Make sure the language you use linking to the email is in line with the message of the email. Consistency and relevancy are key.

Ease of posting your email is essential –
Provide links to your social networks prominently in your email. This way, your recipients can find you easily and are more encouraged to share your content. With Swiftpage’s “view as web page” link in their emails, you can easily share your email campaign link to your contacts and beyond.

Give your recipients a reason to share –
Make sure your message adds value to not only the recipient, but to their friends and colleagues as well. Highlight customer’s best practice or provide a promotion or incentive for them to get excited about. Always ask yourself, why would someone want to share your email?

And remember to always create an avenue (via linking) to your email subscriber page so you are continually gaining new prospects to your database.

Comments
by Nickel Contributor dpisano
on ‎10-19-2011 01:30 PM

So, just (10/18/11) got an email from Swiftpage marketing this new feature. However, there is one problem...THIS DOESN'T WORK WITH ACT! EMARKETING!!

When will you have this working with ACT! Emarketing?

by pbuckley
on ‎10-19-2011 01:58 PM

Hi Dan,

I'm glad you're excited about Swiftpage's social sharing feature! We do indeed plan on adding it to Sage E-marketing for ACT!, probably in the very near future. I'm interested in hearing more feedback regarding this feature if you have any. Have you used it yet?

Thanks and regards,
Paul Buckley

Product Manager, Sage E-marketing for ACT!

by ksmith
on ‎10-20-2011 05:08 AM

I have to say, there is some evil irony here. The message announcing social integration says "Create compelling and targeted messages "

Obviously, this announcement was compelling. Too bad it wasn't targeted, and was sent to hundreds? thousands? of people who can't use it.

by audreyhowes
on ‎10-20-2011 07:51 AM

Kristi,

Sorry for the confusion. You likely received the email because you are a reseller for Swiftpage. We notify resellers of all updates to our Swiftpage Connect product as well as integrations. We are currently working with Sage to ensure these features will work properly with your ACT! plug-in. This requires time for development, testing and approval by Sage. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you, and I will be sure to let you know as soon as these features are available to you.

All the Best,

Audrey Howes
ahowes@swiftpage.com

Labels