Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sharpening Copywriting Skills

by bbenneraz ‎03-17-2010 10:13 AM - edited ‎03-17-2010 01:36 PM (2,078 Views)

In sitting down to write this blog, I was thinking back to some emails I recently received (and even blogs I had read) that didn't get to the point and had me tossing it aside before I fully read it. (Are you still with me?)

Then I got this great email from a vendor called "Three Common Mistakes in Business Writing." The first one, writing better does not mean writing more, makes me want to send a gesture to all of my former teachers that required specific word or page length for papers. I always felt my writing was brief, but to the point. It also made me think about taking a writing class, since my last one was during the first Gulf War. With so many mediums competing for attention, the key is to keep it concise and make your point.

Along with brevity, having a writing roadmap and avoiding technical/business jargon are the other two. If you are interested in learning more or improving your writing skills, the rest of the article can be found here: http://arketi.com/newsletter/newsletter0310.html This was a nice refresher on the basics of writing.
Message Edited by bbenneraz on 03-17-2010 01:34 PM
Message Edited by bbenneraz on 03-17-2010 01:36 PM

Labels