Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Security upgrade in the ACT! community is complete

by ‎06-02-2010 08:51 AM - edited ‎06-02-2010 01:57 PM (755 Views)

Good Morning,

As you've probably noticed by now our community security was updated this morning (originally announced here).  This upgrade doesn't change much from a user perspective, but it does require a one time password reset the first time you sign in to the community after the update.  You will be required to enter the email address you registered with, then an email will be sent to that address with a new password. If you experience any issues during this process, please contact me immediately for assistance.

Now, if you're like me, you're going to want to ditch that new password made up of numbers and letters for something you can actually remember.  Here's how to change your password:

1.  Go to "My Profile" located in the green bar near the top of the community

2.  On the Personal Profile Tab, scroll down to the "Password Change" section

3.  Enter the password that was sent to you under "Current Password"

4.  Enter your new password under "Password", then confirm by re-typing under "Confirm Password"

5.  Be sure to click "Save My Password" to save your changes.

I hope that helps.  Please let me know if you have any questions by posting your comments.

Again, we apologize in advance for any inconvenience and we certainly appreciate your continued participation in the community.  If you should experience any issues during the login process, please notify me immediately for assistance.

Message Edited by tmergel on 06-02-2010 01:57 PM

Labels