Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

SMB Summer School #Smallbiz #7Habits

by Employee on ‎07-29-2014 02:21 PM (3,053 Views)

I’ve been busy ticking through my summer reading list (check out here for great suggestions), and got to thinking about lessons learned from past great reads. One of my favorites is Stephen Covey’s 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. The one piece that stays with me from Covey’s books – because admittedly I can’t for the life of me actually recall any of the 7 habits – is the Time Management Matrix. The matrix shows the four quadrants that we spend our time in and can serve as a reminder to plan before taking action so you can work smarter, not harder.

Here’s a SMB Summer School refresher adapted from Covey’s 7 Habits of Effective People.

We spend the majority of our time in quadrant 1 with our fire-fighting outfits on and in quadrant 3 sucking the productivity out of our day. We escape to quadrant 4 to surf the web, watch reality TV, and check Facebook. Meanwhile, quadrant 2 is full of long-term, strategically important items that fall to the wayside. Quadrant 2 is where you’ll win in the long run. A great tip is to fill in the management matrix with projects for the week as your “to-do list”.

What tips and tricks did you learn from your summer reading?

Labels