Last week, you
learned how to set up Contact sync between Sage ACT! and Microsoft Outlook.
This week, you’ll learn how to customize which contacts get synchronized from
Sage ACT! to Microsoft Outlook. If you do not want all of your Sage ACT!
contacts added and synced to Outlook for example, you may want to create sync
sets to control which contacts actually sync.
To Control Which Contacts Sync:
1. Open Sage ACT!
2. From the Tools menu, click Preferences.
- Click the E-mail and Outlook Sync tab.
- Click Outlook Synchronization Preferences.
3. On the Synchronize
Contacts tab, click Define Sync Sets…
4. In the Manage
Outlook Contact Sync Sets window you may create, edit, delete or copy sync
sets. Sync sets are based on queries that define criteria for locating contacts
in your Sage ACT! database. The sync set is then used to determine which
contacts will ultimately sync to Outlook. To create a new sync set, click the Create New Sync Set link in the Sync Set Tasks list.
5. In the Outlook Contacts Sync Set
Name and Description page, type a name and optionally a description of the
sync set and then click Next.
- On the Outlook Contacts Sync Set
Users page, specify whether All
current and future users of this database or only Selectedusers should
be able to access contacts, and then click Next.
6. On the Outlook Contact Sync Set
Criteria page, select Define Sync
Set criteria to limit the number of contacts that will be synchronized to
Outlook when this sync set is selected.
7. Click Next.
8. To define sync set criteria, click Create
9. Using the Sync Set Criteria tool, build your criteria:
- From the Field Name list,
select a field to search on.
- From the Operator list,
select an item, such as Equal To.
- In the Value field, type or
select from the list the specific data you are looking for.
- To run the query, click OK.
10. In the Manage Outlook Contacts
Sync Sets page, click Next.
11. Click Finish.
12. Click Close to close the Manage Outlook Sync Sets window.
13. In the Outlook Synchronization
Preferences window, click OK.
14. To synchronize activities or contacts between Sage
ACT! Premium and Outlook immediately, click Yes.