Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Managing Calendar Sync #SageACT

by bwhalen_sage on ‎12-30-2010 09:00 AM (1,034 Views)

banner Sage UniversitySubmit your Tip

Over the last couple weeks, you learned how to set up Contact and Calendar sync between Sage ACT! and Microsoft Outlook. This week, you’ll learn how to customize what calendar data gets synchronized from Sage ACT! to Microsoft Outlook. Customizing the activity types, timeframe, and where alarms display helps you keep track of your activities in either program with minimal maintenance!

To Control Which Activities Sync:

1.  Open Sage ACT!

2.  From the Tools menu, click Preferences.

- Click the E-mail and Outlook Sync tab.

- Click Outlook Synchronization Preferences.

3.  On the Synchronize Calendar tab, click Advanced Preferences

4.  In the Activity Type list, select the check box for each type of activity that you want to synchronize between your Sage ACT! and Outlook calendars. For example, to synchronize “To-do” type activities created in Sage ACT!, select the checkbox next to To-do.

5.  Use the Select days on calendar to synchronize drop-downs to determine which activities will be synchronized between your Sage ACT! and Outlook calendars.

6.  Use the Specify where activity alarms will ring drop down to determine how alarms should behave. Select one of the following:

- Ring activity alarms in ACT! - alarms will only display in Sage ACT!

- Ring activity alarms in Outlook - alarms will only display in Outlook.

- Ring activity alarms in ACT! and Outlook - alarms will display in both Sage ACT! and Outlook.

7.  After specifying your preferences, click OK.

8.  In the Outlook Synchronization Preferences window, click OK.

9.  To synchronize activities or contacts between Sage ACT! Premium and Outlook immediately, click Yes.

Comments
by gmartin
on ‎10-18-2012 08:54 AM
by kromano
on ‎10-22-2012 03:19 PM

I tried to change my outlook calendar preferences, but my screens did not look the same as the ones shown in the post.  Is there a different process for ACT! 2010?

by gmartin
on ‎10-23-2012 07:35 AM

Kromano,

Yes, the functions are different in ACT! 2010.  This article is for ACT! 2010: KB Article 22939

Labels