Over the last couple weeks, you learned how to set
up Contact and Calendar sync between Sage ACT! and Microsoft Outlook. This
week, you’ll learn how to customize what calendar data gets synchronized from
Sage ACT! to Microsoft Outlook. Customizing the activity types, timeframe, and
where alarms display helps you keep track of your activities in either program
with minimal maintenance!
To Control Which Activities Sync:
1. Open Sage ACT!
2. From the Tools menu, click Preferences.
- Click the E-mail and Outlook Sync tab.
- Click Outlook Synchronization Preferences.
3. On the Synchronize
Calendar tab, click Advanced
4. In the Activity Type list, select the check
box for each type of activity that you want to synchronize between your Sage
ACT! and Outlook calendars. For example, to synchronize “To-do” type activities
created in Sage ACT!, select the checkbox next to To-do.
5. Use the Select days on calendar to synchronize
drop-downs to determine which activities will be synchronized between your Sage
ACT! and Outlook calendars.
6. Use the Specify where activity alarms will ring
drop down to determine how alarms should behave. Select one of the following:
activity alarms in ACT! - alarms will only display in
activity alarms in Outlook - alarms will only display in
activity alarms in ACT! and Outlook - alarms will display in
both Sage ACT! and Outlook.
7. After specifying your preferences, click OK.
8. In the Outlook
Synchronization Preferences window, click OK.
9. To synchronize activities or contacts between Sage
ACT! Premium and Outlook immediately, click Yes.