Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to read your customers’ minds . . . #SageACT

by NapkinMike on ‎08-31-2010 07:57 AM (1,170 Views)

With the slow economy, I know it’s more important than ever to keep my customers happy. Bad word of mouth can really get around—in fact, one unhappy customer will tell another eight consumers about your bad service, on average. Yeowch!

The good news is that positive word of mouth spreads fast, too. And right now, people want to spend their money with companies that treat them right and care about them. Bottom line: when customers feel the love, the sales folks feel the love, too. So satisfaction has become a TOP priority around here.

Ok, confession time. I haven’t always been diligent about surveying my customers to ensure they are satisfied. I call them to check in, but didn’t really have an organized, consistent way to rate overall satisfaction.

Now, using a survey allows me to objectively compare each customer’s answers to the rest of the group. I don’t have to be a mind reader to know exactly what customers are thinking about our products, and our customer service.

The set up for all of this is really simple. Just set your Smart Task to wait for a while after an opportunity has moved to the Sales Fulfillment stage. We wait one month so our customers have time to use the product a bit. You might choose to wait more or less time. After waiting, the Smart Task adds the customer email address to the Customer Survey campaign that you have set up in Sage E-marketing for ACT! The survey is a template that’s really easy to modify for the particulars of your business. Then just monitor the responses using Sage E-marketing for ACT!. If I map the fields in the survey to fields in my database, I can quickly download and store the results as they come in.  This lets me be even more on top of things – like using more smart tasks to send a followup email (automatically) to a customer that scored their survey high or, even more important, scheduling a phone call with a customer that was dissatisfied. Talk about reading customers’ minds!

If you’ve got some grumpy customers, you’ll soon find out and you can work quickly to address their concerns. More likely, you’re treating customers right and they know it. Filling out your survey may even remind happy customers that it’s time to order from you again. So here’s to customer satisfaction!

Labels