Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Happy Birthday to…Everyone! #SageACT

by NapkinMike on ‎07-21-2010 11:25 AM - last edited on ‎08-05-2010 08:33 AM by (3,843 Views)

I’m just starting to explore all of the time-saving new features in Sage ACT! 2011. I’m pretty excited about how much more organized I think I can be with this version of Sage ACT!. Particularly in ways that will mean a lot to my customers—like not forgetting to do the little personal things that set my business apart.

Just this morning, I was checking out the pre-built Smart Tasks templates and I found one that automatically reminds me when it is a contact’s birthday.

The Smart Tasks are super easy to tweak, so I can edit this template to do just about anything I want. I can set it to remind me for all contacts, or just for existing customers. It can even schedule a phone call on my calendar, so I can say “Happy Birthday” personally.

Or I could sing the Birthday Song. Yeah, that would be fun . . .

I wonder if my customers would think that’s over the top?

Maybe I should modify the Smart Task so that it sends an automated birthday e-mail. The greeting could include a special offer, like 10% off their next order. They might like that better than my singing.

However I decide to use this Smart Task, one thing is for sure—I’m never going to forget another birthday. And that’s reason enough to celebrate! Happy Birthday everyone!

-Napkin Mike

Comments
by Boss
on ‎04-14-2014 10:01 PM
Would like to wish you Happy Birthday and many happy returns of the day! May you have another good year ahead!
by Stephen Hannon
on ‎07-14-2016 09:22 AM

Hello,

Quick question, I am trying to implement an automated birthday email (just like you mentioned in your post) yet I am unsure as to how I can go about doing this. Trial and error is a little problematic considering I have a ton of clients and it would be wierd for them to get a Birthday email on a day it is not there birthday due to me not having the correct "Conditions" in place. If you could tell me what I need to set my conditions to, that would be great. Do I need to keep the operator field as "Within the Next (days)" and then set the value to 1? Wouldn't that make the email go out the day beforehand? I attempted to put the operator field at "Equals to" and then the value at "Today". However then I realized the email would be sent out on birthdays that are on todays exact date. If you could guide to the correct way of doing this it would be much appreciated.

Warm Regards, Stephen Hannon 

Labels