If only it were this easy to actually convert prospects to customers . . . In Sage ACT!, you can quickly update many records with new data using the Replace Field command. This is especially useful when you need to make batch changes to records or performing database clean-up.
Replacing Field Contents:
If you have recently completed a sales promotion and converted several prospects to customers, or are cleaning up data in your Sage ACT! database and need to update the same field for many records, start by backing up your database, lookup the records to be updated, and then use the Replace Data tool to update multiple records.
1. To back up your database, click File > Backup > Database.
2. Specify the location, whether to include attachments, and/or password protect the file, and then click OK.
3. Next, lookup all of the contacts to update by selecting Lookup > ID/Status (or other field as appropriate), and complete the other lookup criteria as appropriate.
4. After the results have been returned, click Edit > Replace Field.
5. From the “Replace contents of:” list, select the field to update.
6. Select or type the “Value” to be placed into the field specified.
7. Click OK. The contacts in the lookup will be updated with the new data!