Time is money, right? When you make/take a call from a prospect or customer, you may want to capture how much time you are spending on that activity. Using the Sage ACT! Timer, you can capture the exact amount of time spent on your activities.
Using the Timer
Imagine you are providing a phone consultation to a client, and you want to capture time spent, as well as details of the conversation in Sage ACT!.
1. Start by looking up the contact.
2. Next, click Tools > Timer.
3. Click the Play (>) button to start the timer. You may also use the Pause (||) button to pause the timer momentarily.
4. After you complete the activity, click the Stop button.
5. The New History dialog displays. Complete additional details as appropriate, and click OK.
Using the timer enables you to track time spent more accurately, whether simply trying to improve your own productivity, or billing clients for your time.