As any database increasingly accumulates more data, you will be inclined to find, sort and filter data so that you can use it more efficiently. Sage ACT! includes sorting options in the Contact/Opportunity Detail views, as well as the List Views. Have you ever wanted to view contacts by Last Name in the Detail View, or Opportunities by Create Date? Learn how in this week’s tip!
Sorting Data in Detail Views:
To View Contacts by Last Name:
By default contacts in the detail view are sorted by Company, and then by Contact. If you would like to view them sorted by Last Name:
1. From the Contact Detail View, click Edit > Sort
2. You may sort by up to three fields. From the Sort by list, select the first field to sort. For example, to sort by Last Name, select this field from the list.
3. Choose whether to sort the data in an Ascending (A-Z) or Descending (Z-A) order.
4. Optionally, select a second or third field on which to sort, and specify the sort order. For example, to sort by First Name after a Last Name sort has been applied, select the First name field from the list. With this sort applied, multiple contacts with the same last name will be further sorted by First Name (Smith, Anne; Smith, Bob; Smith, Francis, and so on).
To View Opportunities by Create Date:
You may apply the above steps to sort your Opportunities by Create Date. Alternatively, sorting any column in the List View will also carry over to the Detail View.
1. Start by opening the List View.
2. If necessary, add columns to sort to the view by clicking the Customize Columns button, and add the Create Date field (or other fields as desired) to the List View:
3. After the field(s) has been added to the view, click the Create Date columnheaderto apply an Ascending sort. Click it again to apply a Descending sort.
4. After you have sorted data, click the Detail View button to view Opportunities sorted by Create Date.