When you enter contact names in Sage ACT!, you may prefer to include a Mr., Mrs. or some other prefix. This prefix may or may not be included in your salutations when you perform a mail merge- it’s up to you and how you configure your preferences. This week I’ll show you how to update your salutation preferences in Sage ACT!.
Updating Salutation Preferences
To adjust your salutation preferences for your database:
1. Click Tools > Preferences.
2. On the General tab, click Salutation Preferences.
3. Select your preference from the available options.
4. Click OK.
5. To ensure existing contacts will inherit the new setting, click Tools > Update Salutation Field
6. Select to update the Current Contact, Current Lookup, or All Contacts.
7. After making your selection, and clicking OK, the “Salutation” field on the Contact Detail card will reflect your change.
8. The next time you merge one or more contacts to a letter, email or other document, the salutation will be updated!