Setting and maintaining passwords is a fundamental means of protecting your valuable Sage ACT! data. If you have ever forgotten, or lost your Sage ACT! password, you know how scary that is considering your Sage ACT! database is mission critical for so many users. This week, we’ll learn about resources you may use to troubleshoot security related issues such as a lost/forgotten Sage ACT! password.
Recovering a Lost Username or Password
If you have forgotten your password, then you will likely need to contact Sage ACT! Support during normal business hours (M-F 8:30 AM-8:30 PM Eastern Standard Time). However, there are instances where you recall your password, but are not sure of the username used to log in to the database. In that case, you may use the ACT! Diagnostics utility to determine it.
1. Click the Windows Start button, and then click Run. The Run dialog box appears.
2. Type actdiag, and then click OK. The ACT! Diagnostics utility launches.
3. From the menu at the top, click Databases > Audit Logs.
4. Verify your database is selected in the Database list.
5. In the Event Types: list, select an event type that has been recently performed in your Sage ACT! database such as MAINTENANCE – DATABASE BACKUP, MAINTENANCE – DATABASE REINDEX, or SECURITY – PASSWORD CHANGE. Selecting an event that has recently been performed will populate the USER list.
6. Scroll down (if necessary) and locate an appropriate Username (other than ACT! System) that you can use to login to your Sage ACT! database.
If you are unable to determine your username, and/or do not remember your password, you may contact support for further assistance. For more information on contacting support to reset your password, please see Knowledgebase Article ID 14150.