Social media gives you a fast, simple way to stay close to the things your customers care about. Sage ACT! helps you capitalize on this unique insight by integrating with popular social media services and pulling your customer’s recent posts together into one, centralized view on their contact record. In this week’s tip, you’ll learn how to connect to and view posts your contacts have made to their Facebook ® or LinkedIn ® pages.
Connecting Sage ACT! to Social Media Sites
Before you are able to associate a contact and view his/her recent posts, you will need to connect your personal Facebook or LinkedIn account to Sage ACT!.
1. Open the Connections page, and on the Facebook or LinkedIn tile, click Set Up Now or click Tools > Social Updates > Connect with Facebook/LinkedIn
2. Each service presents its own login screen, and verification sequence. Follow the prompts to sign in to your personal account, and grant Sage ACT! access to your LinkedIn or Facebook account.
Associating Contacts with Facebook Friends or LinkedIn Contacts
After each service is set up, you can associate a specific Facebook Friend or LinkedIn Contact with a Sage ACT! contact.
1. Open the Contact Detail View, and then click the Social Updates tab.
2. Click Associate Contact
3. Select the appropriate contact, and then click OK.
4. After the association is complete, use the Social Updates tab to:
View up to 25 of the latest social posts.
Use the column headers to sort data, or the filter pick-list to filter by Social Media service.
Click image or text hyperlinks to view more information in an external browser.
Gain insight into your contact’s interests, concerns, activities, and more.