As technology improves, and prices decline, you may want to upgrade the hard drive in your computer. Making a hardware change such as this will require you to move your database from the previous location to a new location. In the past, this was a bit of a cumbersome task, but in Sage ACT! 2013, you may use a simple wizard to easily step through the process.
Moving a Database to a Different Location on the Same Machine
The steps required to move a database vary depending on whether the database is a single user database, shared or the main database in a sync/web environment. The following tip focuses on moving your database to another directory on the same machine.
1. If you are moving a database to another location on the same machine, click File > Move Database > Prepare and Complete a Move on this Computer…
2. Click Next on the Welcome screen, and then browse to the location where the database should be saved.
3. Enter your Administrator credentials, and click Next.
4. The database is moved. After the move is complete, details are displayed, including additional steps you may need to complete to ensure any additional services continue to function properly. If your database is shared or being synchronized, complete additional steps as instructed.
5. After clicking Finish, the File > Open/Share Database dialog appears. Select your database to open it.