of the Contacts you record in Sage ACT! obviously have some relationship with
you, even if it is a new relationship like a lead or prospect. Contacts within
your database may also have relationships with one another, such as a customer
of yours and their CPA who referred you to that customer. Contact Relationships
enable tracking this information about relationships between contacts who
interact with each other, but who are not part of a group or company. If you
want to quickly establish which of your Contacts have relationships, you may
run a Keyword Search to find them.
Looking up Contacts With Relationships:
1. From the Lookup menu, click Search On Keywords
2. In the “Search For” field, enter the wildcard % (this will search for any data in the
3. Under "Search these records", select Contacts from the Type list, and choose All
4. Under "Look In", clear all check boxes except
5. Click Find
6. The results displayed include any contacts that
have data entered on the Relationships tab. To lookup Contacts with
relationships from this window:
a. Double click a single record to open that Contact
and view data on the Relationships tab.
b. Or simply click the Create Lookup button to display a list of Contacts with data on
their respective Relationships tabs.