Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Fast Tip Friday: Linking/Unlinking Contact and Company Fields #SageACT

by bwhalen_sage on ‎02-18-2011 03:24 PM (7,262 Views)

banner Sage UniversitySubmit your Tip

Linking Company to Contact fields is a great way to update multiple contacts with new information. Depending on the data you track related to contacts or companies, you may want to modify which fields are actually linked; this tip will show you how!

To Modify Linked Fields:

1.  From within Sage ACT!, open a Company record.

2.  Select Companies, and then click View Linked Fields… Nine fields are linked by default:

3.  To modify which fields are linked, click Define Fields…

4.  Select the field to link/unlink and then click Edit Field. Advance the Define Fields wizard to the Customize field behavior screen

5.  To link the current field to a corresponding Contact field, select Link to contact field and then select the corresponding field from the list.

To unlink a previously linked field, clear the Link to contact field option.

6.  Click Finish. The next time you update linked contacts, your modifications will be reflected!

Comments
by Pallavi
on ‎02-28-2011 09:17 PM

Hi,

I am a Development Editor working with Packt Publishing. We are coming out with a "ACT! by sage 2011 CookBook " book. I am looking for a Technical Reviewer to provide feedback on the content of the book and have just read your excellent blog tutorial. It would be of great help if you would be willing to take it up as this is your area of expertise.

Please let me know if this interests you, so that I can give you more details on technical reviewing and the book.
Thanks,

Pallavi M R
Development Editor
Packt Publishing

Labels