When you execute a Universal Search, 50 results are returned by default. If you would like to display more results, you will need to change a configuration file for the service. This week’s tip explains how!
Increasing the Number of Results Returned by Universal Search:
1. Close Sage ACT!.
2. Open Windows® Services tool:
Click Start, and then click Run, or in the Search box, type services.msc, and then press Enter
Locate ACT! Service Host. Right click on the service and select Stop.
3. Close the Windows Services tool.
4. Using Windows Explorer, browse to the Sage ACT! installation directory.
32-bit operating system default: C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows
64-bit operating system default: C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows
5. Locate the file Act.Server.Host.exe.config. Right click on the file, select Open With, and choose Notepad.
6. Within the file, locate the section <configSections>
7. Remove the comment tag from the beginning and end of the section: <!-- and -->.
8. Within the searchsettings block of code, change the value for maxDocuments from 50 to the desired number.
9. Save the change and close the file.
10. Open the Windows Services tool and locate ACT! Service Host. Right click on the service and select Start.
11. Launch Sage ACT! and perform Universal Search to verify more than 50 results appear!.