Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Don’t Miss out on Marketing Mother’s Day – Sunday May 11 #MothersDay #Marketing

by ‎05-06-2014 06:33 PM - edited ‎05-06-2014 06:35 PM (2,724 Views)

By Lindsey Weinig

No matter what business you’re in, this holiday is a huge sales opportunity that you can’t afford to miss out on. This year, Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 11, so if you haven’t started marketing it yet, there is just enough time to start!

Here are a few tips so you can make the most of this heartwarming holiday -

1. It’s all about her.

Fond childhood memories, love, humor, patience, and giving remind me of mothers. Busy malls, spending money, florist commercials, and hallmark remind me of Mother’s Day. Relate to the person, not the ideals of the day to really reach your audience.

1. Because she said so.

Remind your customers how under-appreciated moms are. Think of memories you have from your childhood with your mom to use nostalgic triggers, and add relatable personality to your communications.

1. Don’t be late.

Some of the most successful campaigns for Mother’s Day are last-minute deals for the scrambling dad or kids that forgot about the holiday. Therefore be sure to remind your contacts again with just enough time for necessary shipping before the big day.

1. Unless it’s fashionable.

Even if you can’t get others to appreciate moms invite them to celebrate themselves by purchasing your products and services this year. Let your sale continue after the holiday for those mom’s that may not have gotten what they wanted, or deserve.

1. Never one to miss a good deal.

Consider teaming with a complimentary product or company to offer a package. Bundling is great for this holiday because it communicates big deals.

1. My mom loves power tools.

Unexpected gifts can be the most successful so don’t assume you can’t benefit from a Mother’s Day promotion if you’re not a florist or spa. Even if you don’t except mother’s to use your products or services, relate to how they could benefit or be proud of those who do.

1. For moms everywhere.

If you absolutely can’t apply your business to moms as consumers, increase goodwill among moms and those thankful of moms with an in-house appreciation to a mom at your company with a mini bio, or donate to a charity in honor of mom’s everywhere such as breast cancer research or a children’s hospital.

Whether you are a mom, married to one, or have one; celebrate and honor moms by putting together a thoughtful Mother’s Day promotion. And don’t forget to reach out to the moms in your life this Mother’s Day season –  I’m off to do some online shopping!

Labels