Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cloudy With a Chance of Awesomeness #Cloud

by Employee on ‎05-20-2014 03:23 PM - last edited on ‎05-22-2014 08:25 PM by (2,300 Views)

Data is like a goldfish and your hard drive is a bowl.  The fish will eat as much as you put in front of it and eventually grow too big for its home.  And such is the case with all of your data on your desktop, laptop or mobile device.  Over the years, content has become richer and, by default, bulkier from a storage perspective.  I remember distinctly working for General Electric in 1992 as an intern and watching people marvel at the seemingly bottomless 7 MB hard drives that had hit the market. It’s 2014,  I am wearing an analog watch at the moment and I am fairly certain that I can find 7 MB on it somewhere.  

Your contacts and contact data are no different.  Richer media (pictures, attachments, etc.) tied to relational, instead of flat, databases has pushed up the file size of a single contact quite a bit over the years.  The net impact is better quality data, but it’s a strain on the storage space on your hard drive.  The bowl has grown over the years, but that just means we will make a bigger goldfish.  Logical answer? Dump the bowl and get a lake.

Cloud computing has changed the way that we store and access data.  Not only have we breached the limiting constraints of our own hard drives, but we’ve created a device-agnostic platform from which data can be accessed remotely. It is a perfect marriage between storage flexibility and access.  And that is part of the basis and value of Act! Cloud(TM). You can store up to 10,000 contacts in your account and access them from any device practically anywhere in the world.  Cloud-based contact management and emarketing literally in your pocket that doesn’t make a dent in your personal hard drive space.

So go out and meet people! Make contacts and customers - we’re going to have your back.  Get out of your fishbowl and come swim in our lake!

Labels