Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cheese or font

by nmerrett on ‎12-14-2011 08:29 AM (588 Views)

Okay, it’s December. It’s close to the holidays. We’re all busy. And we’re all distracted. So in place of a semi-serious marketing recitation about what we’re up to or what’s working or best practices or that kind of thing, I decided to just have a little fun.

Now, the use of the word fun may be debatable for some; because really, this may not make an iota of sense or be any amount of fun to people who are not in marketing, design, journalism, or some aspect of knowing about mind-numbing intricacies of font designs and names.

(On the other hand, someone with no knowledge of aforementioned subject matters may do well if they are per chance connoisseurs of cheese.) But those that do fancy themselves knowledgeable in those areas might get a kick outta this.

At this point, I know you’re asking yourself, “What the heck is this girl talkin’ about? She’s nuts.” But, give it a shot and check out this link for a bit of marketing/design/journalism (I use the term loosely …) “fun.”

http://www.cheeseorfont.com

Comments
by
on ‎12-14-2011 04:43 PM

I'm absolutely terrible at this! They all seemed like cheeses, but most were the names of fonts.  

I can appreciate NOT having to know the intricacies of font naming.

by Bronze Super Contributor jimdurkin
on ‎04-27-2012 08:03 PM

Back in my Macintosh days it was easy. All font were named after cities; London, San Fanciscon, Venice, Geneva. Now that I use Windows I haven't a clue either.

-- Jim Durkin

Labels