Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Automated contact updates with customer surveys #SageACT

by NapkinMike on ‎07-30-2010 08:39 AM - last edited on ‎08-05-2010 08:31 AM by (1,610 Views)

You know what they say about databases—if you put garbage in, you get garbage out. I know it’s important to keep updating the contact data and other information in Sage ACT! for all of my customers. But it’s so easy to forget once I have customers on the phone.

I used to wish for a way to automate this important, yet often overlooked process. Now that I’ve seen Sage ACT! 2011, I wonder if software designers are also mind readers.

I can use the new Smart Tasks feature along with my Sage E-marketing for ACT! subscription to create and send online surveys to my customers. Or I can use one of the sample templates included with Sage ACT! 2011.

What I did was start with one of the samples called E-marketing: Incorrect/Missing Info that asks customers or prospects to update me with current contact information. Then I added it as a step to that Smart Task so that it kicks off automatically once a year. When customers fill out the survey—presto!—all of the information is automatically added to Sage ACT! 2011.

Could this be any easier?

And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. I could go much deeper with the surveys and really learn something about my customers likes and dislikes.

Next, I plan to create my own survey that asks customers about their preferences. If I set up custom fields in Sage ACT! 2011, I can use those fields to store the preference information I get back.

Once I really understand what my customers want and need, the competition had better watch out! I plan to use survey data to separate customers into segments and send marketing campaigns with customized offers that are too tempting to pass up!

Labels