Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Are you Tagging with delicious, Diigo or other Social Bookmarking Tools?

by kjosephs on ‎03-03-2009 02:04 PM (2,507 Views)

I was very comfortable in my Microsoft XP world using my Favorites and Bookmarks. Granted, the lists are so long they are hardly shortcuts now, but they are COMFORTABLE. And, I could back them up! I wasn’t clear on how tagging was saved on sites like delicious, and I prefer to know all the details before jumping into something new. I recognized that I couldn’t afford to learn all of the details. I had to move with technology or get left behind. So, I cast caution to the wind, and decided to start tagging. Now, I can’t figure out what took so long. The ability to file by categories instead of one small description is priceless--so long XP, and welcome Vista!

If you haven’t embraced tagging yet, you are missing out. Here are a couple of basic video clips that will help you understand the value of tagging and how it works:

Social Bookmarking in Plain English

Diigo V3: Highlight & Share the Web! Social Bookmarking 2.0

How can you use tagging in your organization? Here are just a few ideas:

1. Get your sales team together and identify resource sites. Tag them once, and share the tags across your team.

2. Tag your own website pages to make your products and services visible to others that search by tags. For example, tag your pages by product, industry, and issues your products and services resolve.

3. Monitor tags created by others to learn more about your consumers and competition.

Even if you are not using social bookmarks and social CRM networks, take the time to search for your company and products to hear what your customers are saying and how they categorize your company assets. You might uncover the perfect value proposition, or find a new product feature or service offering that sets you apart from the competition. And, don’t forget to search for your competitors, and potentially uncover a weakness you can leverage in your own marketing efforts.

I use Diigo for tagging, because I really like the ability to highlight sections of articles or web pages. What do you use for tagging? Share your preferences and how you leverage this technology in your organization. I look forward to learning some new ideas from you.

Don’t forget to tag this article.

Labels