Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Announcing Sage ACT! 2011 Early Bird Sales!

by larryr on ‎07-13-2010 12:00 PM - last edited on ‎07-28-2011 11:08 AM by (8,408 Views)

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to inform you Sage ACT! 2011 Early Bird sales started today. For those of you not familiar, Early Bird is an offer we make approximately 60 days before availability of a new ACT! release. This enables new and existing customers to pre-order the newest version of ACT! at a substantial discount. There are many exciting capabilities in Sage ACT! 2011, to name just a few:

Smart Tasks: Build relationships by automating tasks, customer emails and follow-up activities. You can utilize more than 10 pre-built templates, edit existing or create your own. It’s like having a personal assistant with you 24/7! 

Microsoft® Outlook® Synchronization:  Seamless integration that now allows you to have the same contacts in Sage ACT! as you do in Microsoft® Outlook®. Plus, Sage ACT! will keep your busy calendar updated in both places, and help you cut back on meeting conflicts with rules that handle them automatically.

Sage Business Info Services for ACT!*:  Pull highly targeted prospect lists and business information from Hoover’s™ data directly into Sage ACT!. It helps fill in the gaps in your database and gives you access to more than 65 million companies and 85 million executives.

To learn more about Sage ACT! 2011 or pre-order click here.

Watch Napkin Mike summarize Sage ACT! 2011 in about a minute:

I’m really excited to introduce the newest chapter in one of the most successful SW products in history. Our beta feedback has been very positive and nearby ACT! Certified Consultants are ready to help you learn and get the most out of ACT!.  

This Early Bird offer is for customers in North America. If you live outside of North America, Sage ACT! 2011 information will be available soon from your regional Sage Operating Company. 

Enjoy, Larry

* Requires additional subscription.

Comments
by Copper Super Contributor dflood
on ‎07-14-2010 10:11 PM

Larry, These Napkin Mike videos are unreal. Great way of explaining the benefits.

Also, hoping that Hoovers have Australian data.

by bbalsley
on ‎07-15-2010 02:55 PM

Hi,

Sage Business Info Services for ACT! has around 650K company records for Australia.

by Master
on ‎07-16-2010 09:10 AM

I would like to feel more compelled to upgrade from Act! 2010, however as a B2C user I frankly don't see significant new features in 2011. Maybe they're there somewhere, and I just haven't seen their full potential and benefits yet.  But if so, why keep them under wraps?

I was not a Beta user, so all I know about new features is what Mr. Napkin kindly exposed in the video - and that was not enough to make me feel like upgrading.

Really the only feature that has some appeal (and use) to me is the Smart Tasks - but previous attempts at that were not that "smart" at all, so I wonder if this is any better. Even the decade-old macros and Activity Series in v6 was better than what passes for it today. And that didn't hold a candle even back then to some of the best Addons that tackled biz process automation in Act!. 

Maybe revealing some more details will make the new version a tad more compelling.  But having many new features and improvements would certainly make it so, and I urge you to consider that. 

What about addressing the looooong list of knowningly desireable features/improvements, and make sure they are implemented well, before brainstorming for wild new ideas? Start at the top of that list and go down from there.

That's just my own little idea...

by Steve
on ‎08-03-2010 06:55 AM

Our company doesn't use either Outlook or Microsoft Office (I recommend that you test out a real e-mail program like PocoMail - e.g. it can do IMAP even though the ISP is POP3). Unfortunately, neither Smart Tasks nor the business info services is of any interest for us, either. Is there an extended list of all the changes that have been made? Also, did you drop or change any features from recent previous versions from, say, 2007 through 2010?

Hey, larryr, we would really appreciate hearing from you and your colleagues about this before the Early Bird Sale terminates.

by kstalcup
on ‎08-06-2010 11:51 AM

Thanks for the input, Steve and Master.   We do have a lot of great features in ACT! 2011 aside from Smart Tasks, Business Info Services and Outlook Integration.  We’ve made a lot of progress on simplifying the start-up experience by allowing users to now import directly from Excel, automatically map fields over to ACT! with similar field names and create fields during the import process.  We’ve also re-introduced the Back button, a feature that was much requested from the community in the Share Your Ideas forum.  We’ve had the opportunity to implement several ideas from the Ideas Forum, if you are in that forum, you can take a look at the “Idea Statuses” box on the right hand of the screen, you’ll see a list of available statuses that includes “Available in ACT! 2011.”  That will give you an idea of what specific ideas from the forum made it into this release.  

If you'd like to speak with someone about the features in this release, you can call:  1-866-333-0985

by Master
on ‎08-12-2010 01:41 PM

Thanks for the official reply, KStalcup.

Confirming my worst fears, the few new features you listed are not for me. Easier Excel import for a new user? This is an one-time event that even new users will only benefit of ONCE!  What about us, old hands that have adopted the software long ago and could care less about first time implementations hurdles?

Oh, yes, we get the Back button!  Great, but removing it in the first place was your mistake, not ours, and you asks us to pay for a renewed license in order to get it back? (btw, I for one back the "bring the Back back")

What about the list of requested features that matter to us, long-time daily users, the ones committed enough to read this forum regularly and know enough about the software to come up with suggestions and vote on other user's ideas? Yes, us the faithful ones? Are you taking us for granted?

YES - I did look at the list of requests as you suggested, and noticed that THE TOP 9 MOST-VOTED USER SUGGESTIONS WERE IGNORED!  What is the point of having a ranked list, if you will start reading it at number 10? What about all the ones above it, some quite easy to implement, that are being overlooked?  The Back button that you emphasize is there too, but listed at number 12, no less. 

What about creating a company from contacts (number ONE most-voted request)? I don't need this feature and wouldn't use it, however I know it can be quite a simple routine to develop and a programmer should have no issues quickly implementing it.  Why is it still pending?

I would definitively appreciate having calculated fields (number 2 most-voted request). And why is it still that  when I call a client and am forced to leave a voice message that the date reached field gets updated (number 3)? How easy is that to change? And so on down the list.

MY POINT BEING that Sage is not paying attention to Act! users voices, even when they formally express their most pressing needs in your own idea ranking system.  That is a recipe for alienating users and sending a software into oblivion.  Please don't allow this to continue. Take care of your customers and they will take care of you.

I am doing my own part - I suggest, I vote, I write posts, and I even bought the new version - although I see no great benefits in it for me, and am sure I will be suffering thru the customary early-release bugs that will consume my time and patience. 

In conclusion, I'd be a lot happier if I saw you focusing your talents and resources in my and other users' needs and wishes, instead of coming up with a bunch of unrequested new features.

by larryr
on ‎08-12-2010 05:20 PM

Master,

Thanks for the note. We get inputs for ACT! from many sources - in-product survey's, the community ,primary and secondary research, business partners, customer support and others.  With several million users and the various sources we do our best to implement high value features that appeal to as broad of a base of customers as we can. ACT! rankings and rating from end users continue to improve with each release.  While this great, I agree we can still do more.  I want to do more and will continue to work with the team to add value to each new release of ACT!.

Having recently conducted a series of meetings on ACT! 2011, I know first hand that Smart Tasks, Business Information services, Outlook Contact/Calendar Sync, enhanced Welcome page and more are being well received.  We also have made a many small usability tweaks to make ACT! easier to use and to find information.  These changes are hard to describe and best left for you to experience.  I understand you would like to additional enhancements to ACT! but perhaps you'd want to check out a trial in a few weeks and take a closer look.

As always, I really value and appreciate inputs from our users.  Thanks again Master,  Larry   

by Copper Elite Contributor
on ‎08-13-2010 07:57 AM

I would also like you to bring up the ideas posted by "Master" in the blog:

http://community.act.com/t5/Larry-Ritter-s-Development-Blog/Announcing-Sage-ACT-2011-Early-Bird-Sale...

I feel that the points made by the post from "Master" are valid and that ACT! Product Development doesn't get it.

I just upgraded a 20 year user of ACT! from ACT! 2000 to ACT! 2010 and he was appalled at all of the things that DON'T WORK that used to work in ACT! 2000.  (And I was more of a fan of ACT! 6 than ACT! 2000).  He has a highly customized database with 17,000 records and uses ACT! all day long to run his business.

Just to name a few items that don't work:

1) The dialer still doesn't work properly.  There is a private KB article for ACC's on this issue.

2) Once you create a Look Up for a Group if you click New Contact once you entered the information for the New Contact that contact was automatically assigned to the group in the old version. That feature no longer exists which causes many additional steps which waste a lot of time.

3) Once you create a Look Up for a Group if you click on either Call – Meeting or To Do that activity was automatically assigned to the group in the old version. That feature no longer exists which also causes many additional steps which waste a lot of time.

Here it is, 10 years later and things that used to work still don't work.

by larryr
on ‎08-13-2010 01:53 PM

Thanks David,

Everything Master has brought up is completely valid.  There are many sources of inputs and we work hard to align and prioritize input from various sources.  Your points here are valid as well, I would suggest you post them to the ideas forum and get additional input form other community members.  Further, as you know David there are number of forums for Sage  partners to share and collaborate with our Product Development team.  Please be sure to check in with the CC's Forums and reach out directly to the Product Management team.

As always, I welcome the great discussion and feedback.  Given the wide user base of ACT! it's a challenge (but fun) to prioritize the many different needs.  In ACT! 2011 we have made improvements based on user inputs like Outlook Synchronization, Welcome page enhancement and many additional usability ideas.  We also added some great new functionality with Smart Tasks and Sage Business Information Services.  We haven't talked much about the SData based integration framework.  I'll save that for another day and another blog.

Larry  

by NYGDB
on ‎10-08-2010 02:17 PM

DON'T DO IT!!!!  Idiot that I am I took advantage of the early bird sale, even though I learned not to with the last upgrade.  Two employees have gone to black screen on install.  One has had to rebuilt his entire computer.  Install help?  Either chat online with someone in India or pay $299.   If they don't believe enough in their product to support install, why shoudl we.

I've ordered everyone to stop the installs and go back to 2008 until we can find another CRM that works.  A lot of $ down the drain but better to stop the bloodletting now.

by kevin_durio
on ‎10-08-2010 05:59 PM

NYGDB,

Thank you for posting your feedback in the forum, where we have an opportunity to assist you with the installation challenges you have described.  We do not have details regarding your ACT! 2011 installation issues in an open support case, so we have contacted you to help resolve these issues.

Kevin Durio

Vice President, Customer Support & Service

by lagalag
on ‎11-04-2010 11:28 PM - last edited on ‎11-05-2010 08:06 AM by

Hey Kevin,

Did Sage Team put back the macros "that makes life easier" in the new version. We use computers to make life easy. I use to do my repetitive data entries in a flash with Act 2000, Sage people are taking short cuts on making their newer versions. Your just making cosmetic looks on the newer ACT, you took away it's soul. Please have mercy on the users bring back macros, add SIP phone compatibility, add faxing back, add programable fields. Are those too much to ask?

I wonder if somebody is making a program that will do those stuff, it's a bye..bye SAGE. Innovate!

Ray Abad

Labels