Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! History View Peek #Actv16Peek

by ‎06-24-2013 05:19 AM - edited ‎09-18-2013 08:11 AM (4,614 Views)

The cornerstone of CRM is the history. What was the last conversation I had with this customer? It doesn’t get more basic than that. If your database is nothing more than a list of names and the interactions you had with them, you are getting value.

Act! has dozens of ways to automatically or manually generate histories, and with little effort you can be peppering your database with valuable information. But aside from checking last interactions, how can we get value from the history?

Enter the upcoming History List View…

Capture.PNG

From this easy to access view, I can quickly filter date ranges, types, users, and even keywords.

Find me all the New Opportunities created between June and August for my key product? Simple.

Compare the number of calls Jim and Jason made last week regarding our sales promotion? Easy.

Export this to Excel to begin a pivot table that supercharges your data? Why not.

Use this to create a lookup so you can send an email, edit a field, or schedule a call? Absolutely.

See it in act!on below.

http://screencast.com/t/KiOF926EJMi

How would this new feature make your life easier?

Benjamin Lederer

Product Manager for Act!

Comments
by
on ‎06-24-2013 07:44 PM

This feature will be an excellent complement to the History report function of ACT!'s own report writer which has significant limitations.

It will allow users who have little or no report customisation skills to get the precise data they are looking for. Reference in the Reports List area of ACT! to sample History List views would assist the users and direct them to history List where appropriate.

Basic step by step videos of sample data mining and filtering would be useful.     

by Silver Elite Contributor
on ‎06-25-2013 02:54 AM

I wonder who's brilliant idea this was?

http://community.act.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas/History-List-View/idi-p/101607

<blush>

by Bronze Super Contributor benhamilton
on ‎06-25-2013 04:09 PM

You're ahead of the curve Jeff. Ahead of your time. However it looks like this will happen in your own life time Smiley Happy

by Nickel Contributor kquigley
on ‎06-30-2013 02:32 AM

I like this feature a lot, and I think it will be of tremendous value to people that have reporting obligations like CFP's and real estate agents, but I was quite disappointed this feature wasn't available within the contact view or group view. For it to be truly powerful, an ACT user should only have to look up a client or group, click on the History tab, and click Export to Excel.

Labels