Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! by Sage Tip: Referrals and vCards - Guest Blog by Louise Wiedermann

by ebassett on ‎08-28-2009 04:59 PM - last edited on ‎03-18-2010 11:46 AM by (5,653 Views)

Our guest blogger today is Louise Wiedermann, owner of Project Technology Consulting, LLC.

ACT! by Sage Tip:  Referrals and vCards
by Louise Wiedermann, Project Technology Consulting, LLC

As an ACT! Certified Consultant, I am often asked for the name of someone who can help a business owner with accounting and bookkeeping.  In my database, I have several contacts who are my accounting experts, either in QuickBooks® or Peachtree by Sage.  When I get this kind of request, or any time someone asks for a name, phone, email or address of someone, here’s what I do.:

1. Create a Lookup of the contact
  2. Choose Edit menu
  3. Select Copy
  4. Compose an email message
  5. Paste (right-click) into the body of the message

This results in the inclusion of the basic ‘rolodex’ information in the text of the message, and I can then send it.  This works in any supported version of ACT!.

With ACT! 2010 on the horizon, we can also now use vCards (short for Virtual Business Card).   A vCard is typically an attachment on an email message that looks like “ContactName.vcf”.   These can be sent from ACT! directly; no copy and paste is required.   Using ACT! 2010, here are the steps:

1. Create a Lookup of the contact
  2. Choose Contacts menu
  3. Select  Send vCard from the drop down list

If you use Microsoft® Outlook®, a new message will open, and the attachment is already there and ready to send.  This creates a convenient shortcut for sending referral or contact information to someone else.

Do you have an interesting tip, or product insight to share? The invitation to blog is open to all of our community members.  if you feel you have an interesting topic to share, anything from best practices, ACT! process tips, to sales and marketing tips, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more.

Message Edited by tmergel on 03-18-2010 11:46 AM
Message Edited by tmergel on 03-18-2010 11:46 AM

Comments
by Nickel Elite Contributor
on ‎08-31-2009 09:12 AM
For those of you still on "older" versions of ACT!, 2007/2008/2009, there is an add-on that allows a vCard to be sent just like in 2010. More details are at: http://www.rbrdatasolutions.com/products.htm Thanks...
Labels