Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Today and ACT! Tomorrow

by Employee ‎04-08-2009 04:45 AM - edited ‎04-08-2009 11:49 AM (4,659 Views)

We’ve all come to know and love the product that we call ACT!.  Over the years, it has grown up, feature requests have been added, it’s improved through technology, and is now a very robust system capable of things that the original product team never dreamed of.  I’m very proud of the current ACT! both for it’s unique place in the market and for the tremendous capabilities that it provides our customers. 

I’m also curious as to what the future of ACT! may be.  That may sound odd, coming from the general manager of ACT!, but I’m always thinking about what the latest and greatest new product release could be, and the only way we’re going to create it is with the input of our customer base.  The core of ACT! is contact management and the world of contacts has changed quite a bit since the product was first introduced.  We now live in a world without rolodexes and instead rely on our email address books and social networking to help us stay in contact.  When ACT! came onto the market, who would have ever dreamt of commonplace tools like instant messaging and online web presentations.

While we have kept up with the changes as best as we can from a current product standpoint, I’m interested in learning what our customers would dream up if we were to go back to square one and start from scratch.  If you were to create a new ACT!, what would it do?  Post a comment and let us know.
Message Edited by sam_hunter on 04-08-2009 11:49 AM

Comments
by
on ‎04-09-2009 02:43 AM

Question was "If you were to create a new ACT!, what would it do?  Post a comment and let us know."

Thought I would start the ball rolling -

I think the most dramatic change is that I would design it with the option to work within Outlook; I know work is taking place to achieve this.

The strange Company – Contact table format needs to change to true Parent – Child.

The ability to link folders as well as documents to contacts or companies. (Requested feature for ACT 12)

Be able to group Companies as well as Contacts.

To be able to link new tables as part of the product without the need for SDK or add-ons.

All tables exposed for Reporting – Including Resources and Relationships.

Improve the Reporting to give Crystal similar features – very overdue.

Be able to custom Calendar Reports – above would properly fix this.

Be able to associate an Activity to an Opportunity.

That’s enough for starters – over to you.

by
on ‎04-09-2009 03:05 AM

Ch1p,

Regarding your two reporting points, ACT! 2009 Premium now includes the ActReader utility which should provide all the tables to Crystal for you.

Regards,

Mike Lazarus

ACT! Evangelist

by righetti
on ‎05-18-2009 04:21 AM

Some more ideas:

better customization of calendar printing (mostly the month calendar)

possible customization of stages in the opportunity list (not all business are same and therefore the stafes can be different)

display of country codes in the contact list as well as in export to excel

easiest way to change the  time zone in calendar (this is a real issue when you have to set the time of a meeting overseas)

outlook contact integration (similar to the present outlook calendar integration) 

by Moderator
on ‎05-19-2009 07:28 AM

Hello righetti,

Thank you for your feedback.  I have submitted your suggestions to be considered in a future version.

We also allow our customers to submit feature request directly.  You can access the feature request form here (http://www.act.com/community/feature/). 

Regards,

David Lunceford

Community Moderator - ACT!

Labels