Community
New Idea

This one comes up quite frequently.

People want to copy their meetings into their Outlook calendars (may be one or two a day) but not all the other activities such a Calls where they may have 15 or 20 a day, as it clutters up the Outlook calendar.

Could we not set up some default filters on the types of activity which get copied?

Jeff

Thanks for the idea, Jeff! This feature has been included in ACT! 2011.

A big issue is that after setting up your ACT! e-mail to automatically create history you find that confidential e-mails sent to people in your own company automatically appear in that person's record in ACT!

We need a way to disable this behavior.

Quickly!

Jeff

Thanks for the feedback, Jeff. This feature is included in ACT! 2011.

Bring Back Macros

by ‎01-12-2010 07:16 AM - edited ‎01-12-2010 08:12 AM

I have recently migrated from a very old version of ACT! to the latest 2010 premium version. Over the years I spent a lot of effort automating my ACT usage by building a whole series of macros for common functions and assigning toolbar buttons to them. Imagine my surprise when I find out I couldn't build a macro anymore with ACT 2010!

Please bring back the ability to record macros and allow them to be assigned to custom toolbar buttons and menu items.

Message Edited by ralphmack on 01-12-2010 08:12 AM
Thanks for the feedback, Ralphmack. In ACT! 2011, we've added a feature called Smart Tasks. This will allow you to create a series of activities, emails and ACT! E-Marketing actions that will trigger once the criteria you've defined in your database has been met.

Schedule an email activity

by bretts on ‎11-10-2009 09:58 AM
Add functionality for an activity type "email" - where from the activity record you generate the eamil and when you clear it, the history record is the email.  Right now the only way I know to schedule an future email activity is "to-do" and then when I clear it, I still have a second history record of the actual email. - this is inefficient for a host of reasons.
Thanks for the feedback, bretts. There's a new feature in ACT! 2011 called Smart Tasks that will allow you to do this.

Lookup Previous is OK, but doesn't always give me what I want. For example, if I create a new Contact record, then move to another record, I can't use Lookup Previous to find the new one since it wasn't selected from a lookup in the first place. In any case, Lookup Previous requires 2 clicks, and click are precious in a busy environment.

What I would prefer is a list of the last 10 Contact records I have viewed in the Nav bar as hyperlinks. One click and you have the record you want.

The same "Last 10 Viewed" could also apply to Company records, Group records, Opportunities, and Tasks.

Jeff

Jeff: Thanks for the feedback. We've added in a new feature in ACT! 2011 - we brought the back button back, but we also added a drop down history option to the right of the button. This history list will show you where you have been in the application recently so you can jump right back to it. It includes information from the entire database (Companies, Groups, Opportunities, Calendar, Dashboard, etc).

Back Button

by djg-delta on ‎10-28-2009 08:33 AM

Where's the back button?! Bring it back. (Pardon the pun)

I used this all the time and my coworkers are asking where it went. Why did it go away? It was an incredibly useful feature.

Thanks for the feedback. We have reworked this feature and it's back in ACT! 2011 with more functionality than it had in previous versions.

Filter History Tab

by Copper Contributor joanctct on ‎07-21-2009 12:25 PM
Allow users to filter the History tab to include/exclude Database Changes (most importantly), meetings, calls, etc.  The History tab loses value when the user must slog through years of Database changes.  The current options of Histories, Attached Files, and Emails are insufficient.
Thanks for the feedback, joanctct. We've included this featuer in ACT! 2011.

Since now we can create a activity in the opportunity, it would be helpful to allow the activity series to be used here as well

Thanks for the idea, Joseph! In ACT! 2011, we've added a new feature called Smart Tasks, which is comparable to Activity Series and can be applied on Opportunities.

Task Brainstorming Area

by csolinc on ‎05-08-2010 09:31 AM

Sometimes when I am going through my desk there are lots of little things that need to be captured in a fast – non-interrupted manner. 

For example a list might look like this:

TM - roster

car insurance

bcpo

CALENDAR

Call rekha

update website w PT

Send Misty a card

Call X - where are cards?

linked in

kofi and chief introduction

This is a collection of things that pop into my head which I don’t want to forget but I can’t stop what I am doing to address that task/item/call/todo at that moment.  At a later time, I’ll put in my ACT! calendar with more information as needed.  Some of the items I do within the hour and delete since completed. 

Entering into the ACT! task section will not work because I have to stop and think about who, what, and when in order to make the task breaking my current thought process to shift gears.  The point is to capture the thought without disrupting the current process.  

After the brainstorming, I want to be able to move the list around, change the order, change the priority so I can work from the list at that time or import into ACT as task attached to contacts for items that can’t be completed immediately (then I want to think about the task’s needs, whos, whats and whens).  I used sideACT for this process.  Now I am using a post-it note – that is NOT working because I can’t move the list around or import it or draw a line through it when done (some completed items I want to put into ACT! as history for that client) or import into ACT! 2010.  What I do like about the post-it note is it is small (I can make it as big as I want) and it can stay in the corner of the screen without interrupting other programs/work progress.

I understand a lot of people never used sideACT – from my experience my clients didn’t even know what it was for so they ignored it until I showed them how to use it.

Please put a task brainstorming element back in.

THANK YOU!!!

-A

Check out ScratchPad in Sage ACT! 2011.
0 Kudos

when sending an email, prompt for activity followup

Hello Jean0, This can actually be done in ACT! 2011 using the new Smart Tasks feature. You can create a task that sends an email then creates an activity. Also in the current versions, if you are sending the email from ACT! via Outlook, just click the Create ACT! Activity icon on the message toolbar to bring up a new ACT! activity screen. The subject line of the email will populate the Regarding field of the activity and the body will populate under the Details tab.
0 Kudos

Picture Handling

by Matthew on ‎11-04-2011 02:33 AM

Apparently when you add a picture to the database it adds to the base size of the database hence reaching the limits of sql express very quickly. Why not have photos linked to the picture fields and have more functionality to shrink photos to scale rather than the options currently available. There could be a separate folder for photos which are linked so that they are all organised. It would be good to click on the photo and it comes up in the program of choice or just in a viewer in large format.

This would help heaps in organising photos. 

SQL Express limits are now 10GB! Also you can attach them as documents.
0 Kudos

Call Dispostion

by 2johnhall on ‎07-23-2012 12:47 PM

Hello, I am getting ready to telemarket to my contact list and I was wondering how I can set a field to disposition a call. I would like to be able to click on a drop down and select "not interested" and have the contact be removed from my calling list.

Also, When I click on the next contact ther persons name is half hidded. I have to click on the name and take my curser and move it to the left to see the name. Is ther away to have the name property displayed when I go to the next contact?

Thanks,

John

Just had a client on the phone who has lost 500 records by removing a User. This probably occured because:

(a) they didn't realise that removing a User had the potential to remove records as well (why would you).

(b) they presumably didn't read or understand the significance of the "You are about to delete User..." warning window

and

(c) the default option is set to "Delete records belonging to this user" rather than " Reassign records to another user", which is a bit of a Gottcha!

I'm sure most people don't want to delete a whole bunch of records when they remove a User.

Jeff

Jeff: Great idea, this has been included in ACT! 2011.

Automating activity entry

by csylvester on ‎03-10-2010 08:50 AM

For most of my Act! work, I enter an activity, usually a to-do, then clear it and add a follow-up.  There is so much repetition that macros would be a great help--we use Act! 2009, v. 11.  Also, a macro would help when entering a new contact 'cause the cursor always goes to the address field, and I typically like to start at Contact--small detail, but that's the way things are arranged & a macro correcting cursor placement would help (unless there's an easier way).  Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback, csylvester. This feature has been added to ACT! 2011.

Featured Partner
Softext

Act! Diamond Partner and certified consultant providing Act! CRM software, consultancy, implementation, training and support throughout the UK.

Softext.co.uk
Tel: 0121 323 2304

Share your Ideas

We want to hear your cool ideas for improving Act! products and services. So add your own ideas or kudo (vote) on the ideas of others here!

I have an idea! How do I get started?

1. Read our submission guidelines.

2. Search for your idea. If you don't see it, submit a new one!

3. Provide feedback on the ideas of others by voting with kudos and adding comments.

4. Track your ideas and those you like. Once you've posted or kudoed and idea, subscribe to be notified via email of the latest updates to the idea. From within the idea, click "Idea Options" which appears above the idea title and choose, "Subscribe to this idea".

Be sure to check back from time to time to see new ideas and status updates!

Here is a quick list of the ideas for speedy browsing!