I propose that the document tab be linked to the folder directory from the user's drive. If the folder does not exist, then the user can create a folder and have the folder anywhere on the drive. Once the folder is clicked, the files that are in the folder can be viewed. I like the way you can email multiple files from the document tab and that idea should stay, but one should be able to either link an existing folder or create a folder that can be linked in the directory somewhere.
I always had a problem with the way the Activity Series was set up. Here's why:
1) It should be set up that once the field trigger opens the Activity Series form, we should be able to choose the times for each activity in the "Schedule Activity Form" that pops up. It should not default as timeless and then have to go searching around in the task list to modify it.
2) The same goes for the "Associate with" field. Each activity should have an "Associate with" option attached to it. Why? Because if, for example, my second activity in the series involves some other company compared to the first activity, then it should be arranged right there before it goes to the task list. Also, if more people are involved in the second activity than in the first activity, the form should have the ability for the user to plan it out a little better by adding people in the Activity Series form.
3) The Schedule Activity form should have the recurrence Options there also. For example, every year my company has a function I have to plan for. Every year I have to do the same things in the same order.at the same time of the year. What good is the Activity Series functions if I have to remember to trigger it every year?
4) Finally, the biggest pet peeve. If I have a dropdown list, the choice I choose in the dropdown list should be specific to the activity series chosen. Even though the activity series can be triggered by a field, it does not trigger to a specific activity for the action chosen in the dropdown list. It's a generic choice trigger. it should be one-to-one. If I choose one activity from the dropdown list, the activity series form should be for that action chosen.
I don't know if it's only me that's experiencing this, but when I go into the Company or Group lists and "select/highlight" a single contact in the Company/Group list and hit the email button, it opens up the Outlook email with ALL the contacts on the list. If I wanted to email all the contacts on the list, I would have held the mouse down and multi-selected the entire list.
The contact list does not paste the contact I highlight into the Outlook email at all!
I thought highlighting something would give focus to what I want. I didn't know there was a strange rule that gives me more than what I highlight!
I would like to see the same "linking" that companies have to contacts to the groups section also.
For example, I have a "group" of fellow employees who play in the summer baseball league and of course, they are not part of the company layout. I would not put these people in the company layout. Yet, there is some very important information that would be nice if it is "linked" to the contact.
I don't understand why Sage has the linking for contacts and not for groups?
ACT! needs to ask itself "What little things can we tidy to lessen the amount of clicks that a user needs to perform?"
It would be nice if Sage provided a few more mouse overs balloons to detail items in the task list.
1) Either a "+" to expand the task items (Including how long the activity is recurring" AND/OR
2) Mouse over balloons - for the recurring activity icon - to alert the user to how long the task is recurring WITHOUT Having to click/open the form.
3) Mouse over balloons - for the activity itself because most of the time the full activity is not shown and to click/open the form to see the activity is wasting time
4) Mouse over balloons- for the details icon to show the details in a balloon.
Only allow the balloon to pop up after a 1-2 second delay so that it doesn't look sloppy with all the balloons popping up.
As far as ACT! 6 there used to be a warning message displayed if you attempted to close the ACT! window. This disappeared in V7.
Can we have it back, please; it's too easy to accidentally close the program.
My organization uses ACT differently than most (I think) so I am not sure how much utility this would have for most folks.
We track contacts with customers on a very granular level. When we send out a wave of marketing, we track every company that the marketing wave touches, via creation of a new opportunity for each company that was contacted.
To make that work, we had an addin customized, so we could very quickly generate multiple opportunities based on a model opportunity and the lookup that the mail merge was based upon (the addin copies the model but fills in details from the lookup)
Could Sage build in that option?
Also we bought another plugin that allows us to update multiple opportunities at once (useful for us, since we generate tons of opportunities). That also would be useful to have built in.
my dialer does not work
sometime in the past i came across an article which sadi to del the pad file open act and it will rebuild the file
but i cant remember how to reopen act from the remote machine without the pad file
act 2007 v 9 windows xp pro
Could we have "Layouts" for the tables in ACT!?
Many useful "reports" can be obtained by exporting data from the Contact List, Task List or Opportunity List tables to Excel (or by simply printing the list). To avoid having to constantly manually change the viewed columns it would be convenient to save a chosen selection of columns, the column order the sort order and any applied filters to a file for future use. By doing this you could have a whole bunch of predefined table layouts available for future use.