It would be nice that if Sage wants to keep the Document Tab the same(Who know why) that they could improve upon it a bit.
For example, it would be nice if they could give us the ability to add a column that could give us the ability to add a note to the document. And yes, it would be nice if it could be editable on the line referencing the document instead of opening up some other form to add the note. It could be cross-referenced to the notes tab where in the Notes Tab it has a link to the document tab and vice versa.
Moved to existing discussion 30540 on ACT! discussion board
Make import of csv ile independend of regional settings
im in the netherlands and i have to change the regional settings to US in order to be able to import a csv file
without changing regional settings it doesnt work!
I propose having the activity form modified by adding a checkbox for mutiple activities so it could keep the activities form open to add multiple activties to it. Once the activity is added a SAVE BUTTON automatically clears it to create another one. That way I don't have to reopen that activities form again and again. The checkbox holds the form open and another button is added to submit the activity and clear it for a new one.
Along these lines, there should also be a calendar in which multiple days can be clicked so if I have an irregular occurence of the same activity, it could be completed in one fell swoop rather than opening the activity form 3 times. A calendar would be so much better than the recurrence tab for this because you still have to open/save/close and reopen the form three times to coordinate the 3 different time slots(start times and end times).
For example, I have continuing education for my license and these days are Monday, Tuesday and Thursday at 8:00AM to 2PM on Monday, 12:30PM to 6PM on Tuesday and 11AM to 4PM on Thursday. So if I multi-select these days on the calendar (in the activities form), then I could easily create new times for all three days by clicking each day on the calendar and a different time range can be chosen based on the day chosen on the calendar.
When I have a Windows folder with my files open and I multi-select the files in order to drag them into the documents tab, it takes almost an entire lifetime(I am not exaggerating) for the files to process and display in the dcouments tab. When I delete them, it takes two lifetimes. The total amount of files in this instance was 20.
Can Sage every get it's ACT together? Come on....
If I had a contact that I wanted to convert to an Opporutnity, I would have to retype it again in the Opportunity Layout. If I had a group(with or without it's contacts) that has now become an Opportunity, I would have to retype it. If I had a company with or without its contacts, I would have to retype it again. This is beyond silly. I am thinking that these types of field data transfers can be made similar to the way we can "Create Company from Contact".
Also, someone mentioned that it is impossible to make a letter that employs multiple fields from different contacts and/or different fields from the Company/Group/Contact list.. All these fields should be more integrated in order to transfer information and/or create letters/templates that have different information from different layouts.
More field integration is needed whether it's data transfer between layouts or it's field integration in a letter or report.
It would be neat if we could right click on a file or multiple files(say, on the desktop) and a list of options such as ADD to contact, company, opportunity and/or group could be in the context menu so we could easily add a file OR files to the document tab to a specific contact(s),company(ies), opportunity(ies) or group(s). A multi-select option would be nice also. It certainly would save a lot of time.
Okay, so one of the best unique selling features of ACT! e-marketing is the historical information that ACT! collects for this particular activity, and many more features. However, the Sendoutcards web based service is being used by a lot of ACT! users and potential new ACT! users. This request is particularly important:
Currently, sendoutcards.com customers have to be export their contact list from ACT! and import to their web based contact manager. This is one piece that is the reason folks like ACT! e-marketing (SPE). However, all of their campaign functionality, drip marking and the history trail is left on their systems. So, if an ACT! user uses SOC and ACT! e-marketing their only getting a 50% view of their marketing efforts.
If you are not familier with Sendoutcards let me know.
It would be a neat idea if Sage could provide us the opportunity to password protect certain layouts from other people being able to see it. In addition, if there any notes or histories associated with that layout that it would be able to be seen only in that layout.
I have hundreds of tasks and trying to find a task from that list can be real tough. A lot of times I remember a word reminding me of the task, but it's not the first word so it takes a long while to look for it. Most of the time it can take a mighty long time. If there was a search textbox at the top and I could type in that word, a highlighted text could really make the search so much shorter.
I know there is a keyword search, but a search text box would be more convenient specifically for tasks.
In Outlook the ACT! Address Book Slow Loading & Has Limited Lookup
I have been a user of ACT! for over 15 years & have been using ACT! Email and not Outlook for two main reasons which I will mention below. Now, since my ACT! Email database is getting too large I hade no choice to move over to Outlook.
I was told by someone at ACT! that if enough people on this forum make enough “noise” then they would rectify this matter in a patch versus waiting a year for a new version (or never doing anything about it if they see this is not a big enough issue). I know that I am not the only so please, let’s all get together and show the importance of this matter.
I cannot run my business the way things are!
ACT! By Sage promotes the beauty of Outlook integration but I beg to differ:
1. ACT! by Sage Premium 2010 Version 12.0.409.0, Hotfix 1 and 4 gigs of RAM, Windows Vista and 2.0 GHZ dual core process. I also have Outlook 2003. I have 20 thousand+ contacts.
2. My Outlook is now integrated with ACT! (the ACT! address book is linked to Outlook).
3. When I open a blank email from Outlook to compose, I click the “TO” button to choose the one ore more emails (contacts) I want to send the email to. When I do this, it takes 1-2 minutes to open the address book. How can people work like this, especially if they send over 50 emails per day?
4. When the “AC! Address book” finally opens up, it is in an Outlook Lookup window. The ONLY option you have to do a look up is by “First name”. This is ridiculous! I don’t remember everyone’s first name. Plus, you can’t look up by company.
5. Another issue is that if I were to use Outlook within the ACT! email editor, it works the way I want it but the problem is that I have multiple email accounts. (I send “from” different email addresses). This option allows me to only have one account. Where just using ACT! email I was able to have multiple emails to email from.
6. SOLUTION I DESIRE:
a. Just like I can in ACT! email, where I can easily look up by company or last name from the “TO” field when composing an email, I wish I can do the same thing within Outlook.
b. When opening Address book within Outlook, I want it to open quickly and not have to wait 1 to 2 minutes for the address book to pop up. (for each email I want to send!)
· Others will tell me that I need to reduce the size of my database. My response is I can’t because I need these contact. Plus, another person in this forum has the same issue and he only has 8 thousand contacts. The ACT! email “TO” (when composing an email) database loads fast so why can’t ACT! do the same for Outlook?
· If you are in Outlook, you can click on the “Attach To ACT! Contacts” button to manually attach an incoming email. The window that pops up opens quickly and it is from the ACT! database, within ACT!. If the ACT! Programmers can do that then I am sure they can quickly do this similar thing and address my request above.
· Is my request unreasonable?
· Will ACT! get its programmers to do a patch within the next week to resolve this issue?
· Will enough people “make some noise” to get this thing noticed?
This is a question - looking for an answer rather than a new idea. I am new to the community so help me if there if there is a better place to post the question.
I have ACT on my deskop computer. I sync when home. While traveling, I have been told by my ACT advisor to update only my PDA, then sync when I return.
However, when we are gone for 3-7 days, I have contacts which I need to enter into act. On my laptop, I have a remote connection so I can simply work on my desktop computer, enter my contacts information and keep from getting behind on entry into ACT. I also need to use my PDA for appointments and alerts while traveling.
My question is - when I get home and sync, which information has priority? Does ACT select the latest information from each computer ( ACT on my desktop and my PDA) to update each? Once I know the system, I realize I will need to conform, but maybe someone else has found the same situation and can lend some insight.