Clent needs to add more than Company, Contact here They need to add user-defined contact fields to this opp-list view. This has been an issue for quite a while.
Author of MondoCommands.com
Act! talking to Dragon NaturallySpeaking
An ACT! Certified Consultant made the following observations related to opportunities in ACT!:
I spend a lot of time in Opportunities in ACT! and I need a way to track history and activities linked to an opportunity.
I’d like to see Opportunities looking like Contacts, and Companies, so I can still link one Opportunity to multiple contacts or companies, and be able to track history for that Opportunity.
Do you use opportunities and have a suggestion for improvement?
The current Opportunities functionality works well for "one-off" sales, but for many companies business is not like that. I have a number of clients who sell products or services on a call-off or monthly service basis. For these people there is one sale but the revenue income needs to be divided over a number of weeks or months.
I would like the ability to create an automated "Opportunity Series" where I can easily turn a single opportunity into a series of monthly opportunities spread over a period of time.
So, for example, I get an order to supply 12 Widgets (that's one order) for £12,000 which are shipped and invoiced at a rate of one a month over a 12 month period. I therefore turn the opportunity into an Opportunity Series of 12 Opportunities, scheduled each month for the next 12 months, each with a Total value of £1,000.
I want to be able to enter the product information, the contract start date and the number of months the contract will run for, and have ACT! calculate the monthly revenue and create as many opportunities as required. All from one screen.
...and, as part of the process I would like a reminder scheduled two months from the end of the contract to get in touch with the client to renew the contract.
I would like to be able to change the order of Products/Services in the list after I have created an Opportunity in ACT! 2010. Could we not have a Move Up / Move Down button to do this?
We used to be able to edit a selection of opportunities by selecting all, right clicking and clicking edit estimated close date. This was useful at the end of the month to roll over open oppurtunities to a new date.
But the feature is gone in 2010.
Can it be restored?
Could really use a feature embedded where we keep track of cost ....yet need commission. So, let's say someone sells a training package and they make 15% .....
there isn't anyway for the sales person to estimate what their commish would be per deal.
A lot of organizations are exporting to excel and manually doing this...seem redundant to me.
When you want to share an opportunitie to an activitie, or to a history, ACT! show all the opportunities of everybody.
It well very usefull that only shows the Opportunities of the Contact is in the activitie or history.
Jose Ignacio Mujica
ACC form Peru
It would be great if we could have the ability to have Opportunities given a unique number upon creation, preferably with the ability to set in place some prefix or suffix data that allows the Opportunity to be related to the type of opportunity or the numerical sequence required. (i.e. 9 - 12345 followed by the Opportunity Short Title)
If this same number could be used for the Quote Reference and and even Job Numbers to make management of the opportunity and searching easier .
As of Version 12.0.409 Hot fix 4 would like to see the following and tested when Preferences Log On settngs has checked Open each view in its own window:
1. Opportunity, From File menu | Export to Excel inlcude Oppt not only Company and Contact tables.
2. Oppt. List view click on a column to sort and have it stick even when jumping between Oppt. Detail, make a change in field and jumping back to Oppt List. loosing sort.
3. Oppt List view show totals at the bottom of list.
4. Oppt Detail window if closed and reopened the next new Oppt record created the Association view in Layout should still work showing and linked to the Contact you created the Oppt. record for.
5. Oppt. Detail view be able to lock during layout design the horizontal position of the Tabs so you can add and see more fields added in the top half of layout.
6. Oppt. Detail view be able to add in Layout fields from Contact or Company tables and or be able to link an Oppt. field to a Contact record field incase there is data on Contact already input that you want carried over into the Oppt. record
7. Oppt. or for that matter all of the Tables who's Field Security (in Premium version) set as read-only still allow you to copy the data with the right-click or Ctrl+C so you can paste into another field or another Tables field.
8. Oppt. or from any other table window view when searching or Add/Remove Contacts be robust with the customization of the Select Contacts dialog window by allowing us to add or change the column view from only Name and Company incase we are looking for a contact to select that has another field we need to look them up by.
9. Oppt. List has like Contact List the Edit field.
10. Oppt. Detail be able to Copy/Replace/Swap fields like Stage and Process.
11. Oppt. Detail Show Products.
Here is our issue
We have several remote saleman. We have set up the sync set to only display their specific customers which works fine. However, the entire database of companies and opportunities shows up on every salesmans laptop. We would only like each salesman to see their accounts. I have been told to update the limited access for each company, we have 13,000 companies which would be a huge undertaking. Then what happens when we add a salesperson, do we need to update again? I would think that in the sync set window we would have an option to develop a sync set for contact, companies, and opportunities. Currently only contacts are listed.
Does anyone have a work around for this? Is there a way to update limited access via mass?
When I click New Opportunity in ACT! 2010 I want to be in the Products/Services Tab, not Contacts tab. There should be someway of making my preferred option selectable.
I request the functionality synchronizing the actions of adding & deleting contacts, activities related to contacts and opportunities on the mobile devices to enable synchronization of such through the portal and subsequently on the PC ACT application. Presently, this expectation is not being met. Thus, the synchronization is not complete. I am currently experiencing redendancy of activities on the mobile device.Even if we have a feature in SAC to view opportunities in the Portal.