Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by drdocb
on ‎03-09-2011 01:21 PM

Hi:

I have been BEGGING for this for years and now with 2011 they switched to strictly the invitation which clients not on outlook or ical get as gibberish. I have looked at trying to write an add-in myself (too little knowledge or time) or even paing for an addin that used my templatethat can be edited.

It has almost been a deal breaker with Sage and I have been with Act since Symantec

Hoping someone gets the message before 2012!

Larry

by jpenney
on ‎03-11-2011 02:16 PM

Would it not be possible for the invitation to be just another template format - like the emailbody template that is linked to the response key in the activity?  The current hardcoded templates - particularly responses to our clients and contacts degrades the image of ACT! as a forward looking product.

Seems that rather than becoming more integrated with Outlook as Sage trumpets in marketing blurb we are moving away and complicating what should be some of the most basic functionality of the product.

If we are going to have Outlook integration as a feature then all email links within ACT! should reflect that integration - get rid of the hardcoded, poorly formatted templates and let the Users access the templates to provide a consistent image in their emails to their clients.  Same background, logo, fonts signature blocks etc.  - or link to a merge option in SwiftPage or some other complementary product.

by drdocb
on ‎04-07-2011 04:43 AM

My staff and I ahve been discussing this as we have angered a number of clients since all some of them get is gibberish. We are seriously planning on dumping ACT if they have not addressed this in the next release - some aree is suggesting we just move straight to outlook since all we are doing is appoitment scheduling, reminders, and a client interaction history. We do not use the more sales oriented aspects. Seems a shame since we are so comfortable in ACT but client resistance and the way it makes us look is a BIG factore.  The e-mail leaves our server fine and there is no rhyme or reason to who gets the long data listing form - seems to be people not using outlook or ical and many on AOL but ...

Really hate to abandon Sage (started with Act 2.0 and Symantec) but I feel they have abandoned us

by Brigitte
on ‎04-07-2011 01:54 PM

Its quite extraordinary that my original posting was made last June 2011 and that absolutely nothing has been done. In fact, when I review the other postings, I see numerous issues as they relate to emailing  in general.

I must confess when I first started with ACT I was pleased that these forums were available but really.....its like "pushing the buttons at crosswalks", is anyone really listening? Apparently not.

As for drdocb, I must confess, I am looking at other software now as I had not done my homework before I purchased ACT, had I known about this limitation....I would have purchased somehting else to begin with. So now, I am looking again.

Pity but this software is not designed for the user who is truly trying to distinguish themselves from the others, with personal and professional email communication and the related logging of those communciations.

Thanks for letting me vent again....to whomever is reading .....

Labels