Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

document tab - need to be able to add a folder

by Bronze Elite Contributor on ‎10-30-2012 01:06 PM

really bugs me there is no EASY way to have a folder show in the documents tab.

Comments
by jnpurdy
on ‎11-30-2012 06:08 AM

I agree.

And while you are at it, I like the option of using shortcuts to a document, but we have got to be given the option of rename within ACT what the document is instead of the long URL which typically is too long to view without expanding the column (and taking extra steps).

by Copper Super Contributor pfernald
on ‎03-04-2013 07:16 AM

Yes I would like to be able to attach a folder as well as a file, so that I can basically have a quick way to get to a clients working folder without having to use an add-on.

Pete Fernald

Atlantic Database

by Nickel Super Contributor ritakog
on ‎03-05-2013 05:25 AM

What about creating a url field like this:  file://name of contact folder

Click on the link and it will open the folder.

by Copper Super Contributor pfernald
on ‎04-12-2013 06:08 AM

Brian Mowka showed me some code that integrates Drop Box with ACT so you can drag and drop files but needs some work as I could not drill down.  I think Jeremy is working on something for Perfecting ACT to show.  Be nice as then documents are also in the cloud for others to see.  Imagine the press of being able to say ACT integrates with Drop Box!

by Employee
on ‎01-23-2015 03:04 PM
Status changed to: Available in Act! v17 SP1

by kimkamp22
on ‎02-10-2017 11:54 AM

Please take a look at my new Act! AddOn product called FasterAct. www.fasteract.com

I believe that my product does what you are asking for.

I have a dedicated View Documents tab in my software, that accomplishes what you are asking for. Please check out my website, download the trial and try it out.

Let me know if this is what you had in mind.

Kim

Labels