Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by mprange
on ‎05-09-2011 09:52 AM

If our Access database can do it ... shouldn't Act be able to?

by Copper Super Contributor rmadara
on ‎05-21-2011 01:15 PM

You can do this now with Exponenciel's Automatic Data Entry from Table addon. The only other thing you need is an accurate list of cities, states, and there respective zipcodes. These can be purchased/subscribed to from various companies online. At zip-codes.com you can buy a very comprehensive list for $39.95.

by Silver Elite Contributor
on ‎05-27-2011 01:27 AM

Good opportunity for a new Connected Service perhaps!

by Copper Super Contributor olanjouw
on ‎06-03-2011 11:52 AM

yep, and not only for addresses in the US.....

by BrianF
on ‎11-30-2011 04:42 PM

I would love this feature.  Many of my other software application allow for auto population of city and state when inputting a zip.  ACT! should have this included as a standard feature

by Piperlance
on ‎01-18-2012 06:32 PM

I switched to ACT 2012 recently after 16 years with Goldmine. They had a lookup.ini file that you could setup to populate any field with any information based on a specific entry like a zipcode or area code immediately at time of entry. I populated multiple fields so anyone entering a new prospect or customer had all the fields correctly entered. I could run this manually to update any field based on the lookup.ini file, if for instance there was a change in the salesperson. This is not rocket science. I am disappointed ACT does not have this built in. I have been after my ACTdealer to write an access or excel based routine to at least run on the server at night to fill in all the fields correctly, but after two months I am still waiting. If anyone has a solution I am all ears.

by Bronze Elite Contributor
on ‎04-13-2016 08:57 PM

this would be so easy to do... need it!!

Labels