Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by Nickel Super Contributor scotta
on ‎06-10-2010 07:41 AM
An addon that meets you description already exists. Scan and Organize for ACT! www.scanandorganize.com allows the user to link each contact, company or group to a folder anyone on your computer or network.  The tab is added to your layout and it dynamically opens the contact's folder automaticaly inside of the tab.  You can even scan docs to the folder from inside of ACT!
by jb1984
on ‎06-10-2010 11:33 AM
That looks awesome but it doesn't meet the dynamic search requirement I need.
by Nickel Super Contributor scotta
on ‎06-10-2010 11:49 AM

I would get in touch with the Scan and Org company and see if they can add it.

by
on ‎06-14-2010 05:29 PM

Use the contact context browser control - I have a posting on the devnet forum describing how to do exactly what you are looking for using this control (I demo'd this at Insights).  Feel free to contact me directly to shgow you how to set this up.

Allen 

by
on ‎06-14-2010 05:32 PM

this is the posting showing how to use web info to do this : 

http://community.act.com/sage/board/message?board.id=ADN_Downloads&thread.id=324

Personally I prefer using the contact context browser control and setting up a specific tab to do just this (navigate a folder by company name for discovery of sub folders on a network (or local)).

Allen 

by jb1984
on ‎06-18-2010 07:07 AM
Alduet's suggestion would probably work If I wasn't utterly clueless on the backend of ACT.  I contracted Exponenciel (http://www.exponenciel.com) to set it up through a custom Add-On.  The product they supplied was well inside of budget and works like a charm.  Just the ease of distribution across five stations was worth what we paid for it.  I guess the moral of my story is if ACT can't do what you want it to then don't be afraid to ask the third party's who do custom work to quote adding the functionality you need.
Labels