Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by Nickel Super Contributor scotta
on ‎04-23-2013 02:16 PM

The ACT! Import will, by default, match on the unique ID EVEN if you turn off duplicate checking.  This means if you import John Smith into the target database and then change John Smith to Mary Doe in the source database and then reimport, the John Smith will be changed to Mary Doe in the target.  If you have duplicates, the unique ID's simply don't merge but will be retained.

The 3 duplicate checking fields you refer to are used for importing Excel and text files as well as other ACT! database's where the unique ID's dont match.

Scott Abboud

ACT! Certified Consultant

Allied Financial Software, Inc.

by Astute Commentator chris.slater
on ‎04-24-2013 03:43 AM

Hi Scott

As far as I'm aware, you can't export the Unique ID for use as a field to match dupes by on a re-import.

If I'm wrong please tell me how to do it.

Chris

by Nickel Super Contributor scotta
on ‎04-25-2013 06:56 AM

There are some addons that will copy the GUID of the contact to a designated contact field. We use these addon's to copy the GUID to a field so we can export the contact to Excel or Text files.  We can then remiport the text or Excel file by matching on this data.  We only use this method for NON-ACT! databases.

But, it you are trying to merge two ACT! databases that have the exact same contact records (i.e. Same GUIDs), ACT! will see those as duplicates whether or not you have duplicate checking turned on.  You can't even override this.

DesignR1 has an addon called Swiss Army Knife or ADS Programming (Stan Smith) has a simple utility.

by Astute Commentator chris.slater
on ‎04-25-2013 07:57 AM

Thanks Scott

that's really helpful.

regards

Chris

by Copper Elite Contributor
on ‎05-03-2013 04:36 PM

Just make the GUID available for exporting of for display in the List view (so that it exports to Excel) for sending to a list broker for address clean up.

by e_hoog
on ‎06-13-2014 07:23 AM

___________________________________________________________________________________

Susan:

Just make the GUID available for exporting of for display in the List view (so that it exports to Excel) for sending to a list broker for address clean up.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Susan how doo you achieve this as this is exactly what my company is trying to do right now.

I can expose it via SQL but I would like to make sure that I can re import new data back into those contacts by matching the GUID.

Any help would be appreciated.

Labels