This feature has been neglected since it was introduced with ACT 2005. Thing to "fix"
1. Allow customization of icon bar for common features used in design.
2. When layout is edited, all editing views should have SAVE option. (When setting up tabbing order for fields, that view does not save changes until you close the edit Window).
3. Return feature that allows a group of fields to selected and given a specific set of features using Designer Toolbox. (This worked several versions ago but went away with version update)
4. When placing a field, make a field types available rather than having to choose the field type first.
5. Make memo field autofit text entered. And recognize a enter (return) command when data is entered in the field.
6. Allow for removal of ALL tabs from layout view.
7. Allow to change order of all tabs when designing custom layout.
I know there are more, but these are the ones I can think of at this time!
Agreed, and I would add..
1. Add the icons to right-align the fields, and make the same width and same height.
2. Move the layout window option from the main screen so that it isn't visible all the time. Not only does it take up space, but it is an opportunity for users to wonder what it does and to mess with the layouts.
3. Allow the "paste" option to actually paste where your cursor is, rather than in the middle of the screen, hiding other fields.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.