Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by JasonD
on ‎07-16-2010 11:41 PM

I can under stand the idea and i think its good so you get half a kudos, but it would be of no use to me i think as my code or reference number is bit like doctors tab files with the part for client ownership, part for location, part for type and then a incremental part

by
on ‎07-19-2010 06:51 AM

ozie,

Thank you for your suggestion regarding unique Contact ID numbers. In the meantime, there is an add-on product called AutoNumbers that you may want to take a look at for your immediate need.

by ozie
on ‎07-20-2010 05:02 AM

i am one that doesnt like 3rd party add-ons for many reasons.. specially where the product should already have simple features that any good CRM system has.. since i can write my own, the problem as i described is that there is no event when a contact is actually added as a record to the DB so to not waste autonumbers.. so if i cant then no 3rd party product can either..

Either ACT! needs to add more events for developers to be able to get a handle on so they can actually write specific code requirements better, or add these types of features for end users to create templates for

by rustyrunrite
on ‎08-13-2010 02:52 PM

I agree. It's a simple data base concept that should have been here years ago. Access does it as I'm sure every other data base system. It's inheriant to databases.

I for one don't like addon either. Usually brings a new meaning to "compatable".

Labels