Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by milespware
on ‎11-30-2018 12:21 AM

We have been told exactly the same and been offered an upgrade but no alternatives...

same as you we purchased in 2013 but we couldn't buy any more licenses after 2015, they tried to make us to upgrade then too!!

We don't need support and have never asked them for any.

Apparently (so ive been told by the representative) Protexis is pulling the plug (a 3rd party provider that handles the activation / licensing) and therefore they cant do anything about it. im told that as of 01/01/2019 we wont be able to reactivate our version of ACT which is a pain as they seem to deactivate randomly for no apparent reason... and that all of our ACT installations could deactivate at any time...

We have 49 user licenses so the upgrade (if we take it) is going to cost us over $10,000!!!

And the alternative? well there is no alternative, they are saying take it or leave it!!!

how can you run a business like this? its despicable!!

by milespware
on ‎11-30-2018 12:29 AM

This is what we received 2 weeks ago...

Poor show Swift page!!

Important Your version of Act! is unsupported and retired due to conflicts with other operating systems due to this Swiftpage cannot be held responsible for and loss of your database or corruption while using this version. It could also switch off after 31/12/2018.

Important notice:
We have recently been informed that an embedded third-party software component of Act! that facilitates licensing services is being discontinued by the manufacturer at the end of this year. As of January 1, 2019, certain common actions you may take that interact with the licensing component will cause Act! to fail and you will no longer be able to access your database. Examples of these common actions include attempting to install Act! on new hardware, modifying existing hardware, and modifying your user count. For an expanded list of actions, click here.

*Annual contract required (minimum 12 months). Your subscription will automatically renew 12 months from date of purchase.

If you have any other questions please contact me.

I look forward to speaking with you!

Regards

by woodfintech
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

A similar situation happened when Windows 10 arrived. I get it. Companies need revenue. I only had to purchase one copy. I'm glad KeyStrokeCA offered upgrade pricing for ACT!Pro21.

Labels