Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by
‎08-03-2011 01:10 PM - edited ‎08-03-2011 01:16 PM

Hello Arkwight,

Welcome to ACT! and the Sage ACT! Community. Unfortunately, there is no information regarding Thunderbird integration with ACT!. Currently ACT! integrates with Outlook and with Internet Mail accounts that use the standard 110 & 25 mail ports. The new ACT! 2012 (releasing in September) will add integration with Google and Gmail.

by SolutionSeeker
on ‎09-27-2011 05:05 PM

Just wanted to call out to Sage that there is a large group of hard core Thunderbird mail fans who will not touch Outlook or your other email solutions with a ten foot pole. 

I am actively seeking a solution that does integrate with Thunderbird email client. It is far superior to Outlook.

The fact that Sage Act is the superior choice in nearly every other way doesn't make any difference. The fact you do not integrate with Thunderbird or directly with IMAP means you lose a lot of business to vendors who do.

I created an account to post this just to let you know, because I find it extremely irritating that this request and inquiry shows up on the web going back for years and yet Sage doesn't care enough about this group of tech savvy business owners to make sure Act offers that integration. 

Can you really afford to lose out on all that business? Guess the recession hasn't hit Sage. Good for you.

Unfortunately it means I cannot be using Sage Act because I am looking for a solution for long term and as a consultant that advises the use of Thunderbird I cannot recommend Act for any clients either.

I've checked back over the last 3 years for this to happen. I'm disappointed that in all that time Sage continued to ignore providing a solution for this.

by pbuchtmann
on ‎09-27-2011 07:45 PM

Given that ACT is an SQL database maybe the best solve for this is to get one of the Tech savy programmers that write plugins for Thunderbird to do an interface for ACT!. After reading this and the Thuderbird page I believe it is possible although the programming effort for the number of ACT! user who might utilise this would be quite small compared to the number of Outlook users.

Given that I have been involved in sites over many years this is only the second request I have seen for this but would be interested to see if there was further interest from others. Don't expect though that the Sage programming team are going to put effort into this when there are still so many other existing problems to be solved.

by flexablegreek
on ‎10-22-2011 05:51 PM

I am interested

by kmiddleton@hillmgt.com
on ‎01-12-2012 11:03 AM

We also use Thunderbird for many of our users. Not supporting anything as simple as IMAP or SSL ports is a terrible decision that needs to be rectified.

by danm
on ‎02-21-2012 10:53 AM

I second the thoughts about using Thunderbird-we use it exclusively.  Cutting and pasting back into ACT is cumbersome/inefficient and with 10 users now warrants looking at better integrated solutions.

by shawn
on ‎03-23-2012 10:08 AM

I am also a consultant who recommends Thunderbird.

Would love to see ACT! Thunderbird integration.

However it is downright irrisponsible to force ACT! POP3 users to rely on SMTP port 25.

By relying on port 25, Sage is guarenteeing problems for notebook users.

Most ISP's and responsible network managers block TCP/25 with possible exeption of a single approved host (most likely not the smtp host configured on a traveling notebook)

SAGE really needs to make IMAP and TLS/SSL a priority.

by Bronze Contributor chieff
on ‎03-24-2012 06:20 AM

I, for one, would prefer Sage not divert scarce resources to write a link with Thunderbird.  I'm sure it's a fine e-mail client, but the usage just doesn't justify the effort.  Here's the latest stats available on e-mail client popularity and Thunderbird is pretty far down the list:  http://bit.ly/GM7WJg

I do support the idea of updating the ACT! internet email client to support port selection, SSL & imap support, which would go a long way to modernizing that component, but that's not even a high priority - we need the web client replaced or updated, import fixed once and for all, and the list goes on and on.

Labels