Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by Silver Elite Contributor
on ‎03-19-2015 07:35 AM

Agree entirely.

On a similar note why don't we have complete mix-n-match on list views?

If I want to include some Company fields in my Contact list view or Contact fields in Opportunity list view, why not?

And before someone mentions it, if there's more than one item in the entity you want to add it just adds another line. So one activity scheduled with two contacts with two different ID/Status fields? The activity now appears twice in the Task List (maybe with some indicator that this is a multiple relationship).

Want to show all the products in the Opportunity list? No problem, the opportunity is listed as many times as there are product types, once for each Product. Would make product sales analysis much easier.

by Bronze Super Contributor jimdurkin
‎03-19-2015 11:45 AM - edited ‎03-19-2015 11:45 AM

Jeff,

Impact Suite allows the users to add fields from almost any entity into another enitity's list. Mix and match as you say.

Activities can have contacts, companies and/or opportunity fields. Display your activity list by the closing date of the opportunity. Sort the activity list by the total value of the opportunity.

If 2 contacts are attached to 1 activity we roll-up the values. So state would read "New York, New Jersey" 

Opportunities can have activities, contacts. If two activities are attached to one opportunity we also roll up character fields. If the field is a date then we always use the next activity date.

We previously created two rows if two contact were attached. End-users found it confusing so we but in an option to "Show one row per record". With this option on the values are rolled up. With this option OFF then multiple rows will be listed if multiple entities are attached.

Here is the help topic: Column Options

Hope this helps

-- Jim Durkin

by Silver Elite Contributor
on ‎03-20-2015 01:19 AM

See, if Jim thinks it's a good idea, it'sgot to be a good idea!

by
on ‎03-20-2015 02:18 AM

Jim's add on is brilliant and I sell it to clients. My comment is this should be part of the  ACT design although I would not want to see JIm lose an income stream. Maybe Swiftpage could to do no better than to incorportate Jim's design into the ACT package for a suitable payment to Jim.

They could make it part of the enhanced feature sets that come with Silver or Gold support so it would be self financing. Also add in the ability to retain list views and you have created a good reason for taking the support package.

If they go for it Jim my commision is just 10%, Swiftpage is it a deal?

Labels