Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by Bronze Super Contributor jimdurkin
on ‎09-24-2013 11:14 AM

Jim,

We have a FREE add-on for Act! which fixes the issues with larger font sizes ( Above 100%)

You can download it from this page:

http://www.durkincomputing.com/FreeACTAddons.aspx

-- Jim Durkin

by
on ‎09-24-2013 03:43 PM

+1 for Jim's add-on - it makes life a lot easier.

(although it would be nice to see the core product do this)

by Silver Elite Contributor
on ‎09-25-2013 04:08 AM

This is the elephant in the room at the moment.

Doesn't matter how good the software is if it won't display properly on 90% of new computers/devices

by Bronze Elite Contributor
on ‎10-04-2013 11:06 AM

if the Windows Screen Font is set to 150% then you can't click the OK button on the Relationships Tab.

big problem with all my customers who can't see well.

i get this call almost weekly from my Financial Advisor customers.

Durkin's DPI fixer doesn't address this...

by AhDrew
on ‎10-23-2013 02:00 PM

in act 16, you cant see the check box in the outlook sync perference page if the DPI was set to 125% or above.

It is a real issue as almost every staff I have finds the normal default windows DPI setting have fonts, icons and everything too small.

on ‎10-23-2013 06:18 PM

I have posted an update to DPI Fixer  ( build 1.0.3.0) which addresses a few issues and Windows 8.1. Please download using this link. Let me know if your issue still exists.

http://durkincomputing.com/ACTAddonsReleases/Durkin_DPIFixer2_setup.exe

Thanks

-- Jim Durkin

by chromperfect
on ‎10-26-2013 06:41 AM

Thanks Jim

I can report that this plugin does a good job:

dpi fixer.png

Please note that I found that it still has difficulties (mostly with customised field labels) at 150% font size.  However as the attached screencap shows at 125% it is pretty much perfect.

Thanks Durkin Computing for saving my eye sight!

Regards

Jim

by KRISS
‎12-05-2013 06:36 AM - edited ‎12-05-2013 07:28 AM

Hi Jim:

I just installed your latest plugin on Act!Pro v. 16 running on Windows 7 and found that with my Windows text size set to 125% the Notes display in the Regarding column is still truncating the text after 7 lines, as it did before installing your addin.  I have only been able to resolve this by setting the Windows text size to 100%, which is too small. In addition, with the Add-In, the text display in the Regarding column is now truncating every note by not wrapping properly, so that text disappears at the right margin. 

Any fix for these issues?

Thank you, in advance, for your help.

on ‎12-05-2013 11:39 AM

KRISS,

Can you send me a screen shot?

jim@durkincomputing.com

-- Jim Durkin

by
on ‎04-19-2014 06:29 AM

This should help the visually challenged such as myself www.bigactlayouts.com  - cheers - FSBill Smiley Happy

Labels